Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Welcome To The Wildlife Gardeners Forum! > Photo of the Month > Wildlife Photo Tips

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2009, 07:16 AM   #1
Salamander

eyesx Under revision - No text

Sorry! Will try this again in a different post.
Staff or Admin, if you can delete this thread, I would deeply apprecaite it, thank you!

Quietman
Quietman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 09:22 AM   #2
Lungwort

Good idea. This is one of the few forums that doesn't require that photos be saved elsewhere.
Xena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 10:07 AM   #3
Administrator

Bandwidth and storage isn't an issue. We moved to a new server on Thursday. We will move again should a need be identified.

WG would like to encourage members with hi speed to do what they can for fellow forum members on dial up.

Thank you Quietman.
Old 08-29-2009, 09:45 PM   #4
WG Staff

Hold off everyone.

popowich has been working feverishly on this issue for two days. He will be working on it this coming week.

We are aware of the challenges posed to dial up users as well as to members attempting to accommodate them by resizing their photos before uploading them.

Just as we automatically reduce all images to thumbnails for display in posts, we are exploring the possibility of automatically resizing images while they are being uploaded to Wildlife Gardeners. We may not be successful but were trying.

Please give us a few days. It may be a bumpy ride. We ask for your patience while we experiment with new applications.

Quietman, your tutorial on how to upload from sites like Photobucket was excellent. Thank you for sharing it.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:32 PM   #5
Administrator

Everyone give it a spin and see if what we've done doesn't address many concerns.

We think everyone will be pleased.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:03 PM   #6
Official Plant Nerd

It works!!! I'm not chasing images off the screen anymore when I enlarge them. It automatically reduced the size of my image when I uploaded it and automatically converted it to a thumbnail without any other software. There are three sizes of image at our fingertips. Thumbnail, medium, and large. No more jumbo images.

Tags
part, photos, resizing, tutorial