Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Welcome To The Wildlife Gardeners Forum! > Forum Feedback > Tips For New Members

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2009, 10:12 PM   #1
Co-Administrator

Default Wildlife Gardeners Flyers available for Download

If anyone would like to help us promote the Wildlife Gardeners website, we have a flyer that that can be downloaded and printed out. We believe that it does a nice job of describing who we are and what we are trying to do.

They can be handed out at meetings, conferences, etc.; wherever you think there are people that would enjoy participating in our site.

(See post #8 for latest version)
Attached Thumbnails
Wildlife Gardeners Flyers available for Download-wildlife-gardeners-invitation.pdf  
Attached Files
File Type: doc Wildlife_Gardeners_Handout_5.doc (352.0 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by Cirsium; 05-10-2013 at 12:56 AM. Reason: Added note
Cirsium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 04:19 PM   #2
Co-Administrator

Default Updated PDF File

This pdf version has some small modifications that make the flyer a little bit more readable. There are some small modifications to the font, etc., that make it easier to read quickly. It works a little better for conference displays, etc., where viewers may only have time for a quick look.

(See post #8 for latest version)
Attached Thumbnails
Wildlife Gardeners Flyers available for Download-wildlife_gardeners_handout_28.pdf  

Last edited by Cirsium; 05-10-2013 at 12:58 AM. Reason: Added note
Old 03-30-2009, 11:24 AM   #3
Official Plant Nerd

Ah ha! That's where the flyer came from that I saw on a table at a conference this weekend. Somebody printed it out and set them out. They had little business card sized pieces of paper with the url to the website available to be picked up by anyone that wanted them.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:31 AM   #4
Too Wild To Garden

May I make a suggestion? A black and white version would be easier to use as well as cheaper, because it could be cranked out of a photocopier.
Stoloniferous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 11:50 AM   #5
Official Plant Nerd

You are right but it was the green and that owl that caught my attention. That signature green I have come to associate with this site when I log on was there in front of my face. I had to do a double take.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:19 PM   #6
Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
Ah ha! That's where the flyer came from that I saw on a table at a conference this weekend. Somebody printed it out and set them out. They had little business card sized pieces of paper with the url to the website available to be picked up by anyone that wanted them.
Ah ha indeed! I got an advanced copy of the revised flyer and placed it between the pollinator display and the butterfly gardening display. I thought that would be a very appropiate location. I had an inside track here, since my better half and I created those two displays.

I created the little business card sized pieces that people could pick up and take with them. Having given it a little more thought since the conference, I think a better idea would be to create bookmark size pieces that could be printed out on heavy card stock paper. They would be less lightly to get lost in other handouts, and might get more exposure if people used them as bookmarks. (Unabashed hint to Cirsium to create a bookmarks flyer).
Attached Thumbnails
Wildlife Gardeners Flyers available for Download-display-1.jpg  
I will age, but I refuse to get old.
NEWisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:22 AM   #7
Alternate POM Judge

This is great. I am secretary of our local Audubon society. I will pass these out at community events
EllenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:49 AM   #8
Co-Administrator

Default Update 2

It's been a while since that PDF was reviewed. Here's a newer version with a few minor updates.

I see that I missed NEWisc's "hint" to create a WG bookmark; I'll put that on my list.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Wildlife Gardeners Invitation 2.pdf (118.9 KB, 11 views)

Old 05-10-2013, 09:52 AM   #9
Official Plant Nerd

I took a stack to a community garden center where I was helping add some native plants for pollinators. They disappeared real fast.... problem was.... English wasn't their 1st language and most of the people gardening there didn't even have computers. Oopsie. The flyers are totally awesome though!!!
Old 05-10-2013, 09:59 AM   #10
WG's Mr. Tomato Head

Ellenwright-

Thank you. We don't have the resources to market Wildlife Gardeners.

- Mark
"If gardening isn't a pleasure for you, chances are the work will merely give you a rotten disposition. If you'd rather be golfing or fishing, get a bumper sticker that says so, and forget gardening."
Elsa Bakalar
WG Admin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brochures, download, flyer, flyers, gardeners, gardening, handout, handouts, invitation, join, promote, promoting, share, wildlife, wildlife gardeners