Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Reduce That Ecological Footprint > Sustainability

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2010, 07:42 PM   #1
Fox

Default Pro-environment products you'd recommend to a friend

Have a product that is generally pro-environment in one way or another, and that you'd recommend to a friend?

I'll start with:

Seventh Generation Free & Clear Glass & Surface Cleaner
For those times when vinegar or soap-and-water isn't convenient or strong enough. Note: glass will streak until the film left by Windex is removed with soap and water.
Glass Cleaner -Glass Cleaning -Glass Surface Cleaner -Window Cleaner | Seventh Generation

Solatube with Optiview diffuser
Just had two put in last month, and I love them. They are cool and blue on rainy days, clear and bright and rainbow-casting on sunny days, and glow on moonlit nights.
Brighten Up Series

eco cup by DCI
Reusable porcelain coffee cup with silicone lid and sleeve. Just picked this up at Office Depot today ($10). Microwave and dishwasher safe.
DCI- I Am Not a Paper Cup & Eco Cup
Calliandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:41 PM   #2
Unicellular Fungi

I would recommend Crystal body deoderant.

It is hypoallergenic, fragrance and paraben free. It is endorsed by Cancer Treatment Centers and is safe for the environment.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:14 AM   #3
Official Plant Nerd

Seventh Generation anything. All of their paper products are good. I've tried some of their laundry detergents too and those are great. Really, anything by Seventh Generation is good. Holy Cow concentrated cleaners are excellent and they work, Holy Cow Cleaning Products.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:48 AM   #4
WG Writer

Baking Soda and Vinegar. Thow out most of your other cleaning supplies.
hazelnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:40 AM   #5
Salamander

Glad I searched.... I was about to start a new thread asking for suggestions to get away from bleach and comet.

Do the above break through bathtub grime? We've got four boys... And also the grease around the stove is quite tough.

We use 7th Generation laundry and dish soap, already.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
To get away from antibacterial hand soaps, we are now using Method and just discovered Mrs. Meyers Clean Day. The boys get a kick out of washing their hands with the Lemon Verena scented soap and chase each other around because that smell is just something else.

I did want to ask, what is the best way to discard products we no longer want to use, but still have on hand? Like the antibacterial soap, bleach, etc. I don't want these to end up in the landfill.
Birding Bunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:14 PM   #6
Pope

Vinegar, baking soda, borax, isopropyl alcohol, Barkeepers friend, and occasionally Mrs. Murphy's products.
Hedgerowe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternative, alternative cleaners, baking soda, borax, clean, cleaning, cleaning products, friend, isopropyl alcohol, natural, products, proenvironment, recommend, soaps, vinegar