Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Enjoying The Fruits of our Labor > Recipes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2012, 02:24 PM   #21
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient

This is getting to be a really fun/funny tangent for the corn muffin thread!

Great suggestion, Lib...all the funnier because it is real (at least I'm assuming it is)!
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
~ A Native Backyard Blog ~
dapjwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 02:52 PM   #22
POM Judge & Official Non Gardener

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapjwy View Post
This is getting to be a really fun/funny tangent for the corn muffin thread!

Great suggestion, Lib...all the funnier because it is real (at least I'm assuming it is)!
Well, maybe I can feed them leftover muffins!
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 02:57 PM   #23
WG Prize & Gift Coordinator

And around it comes! The punchingline.

A walk among the elusive Whitetail Deer
havalotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:20 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
Well, maybe I can feed them leftover muffins!
Then what will *you* eat for breakfast the next day?
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
Old 02-11-2012, 03:58 PM   #25

Oooooooooooh! Maybe what we had today!

Eggo frozen bluberry waffles, topped with my fresh bluberry topping and whipped cream!
Put some real butter in small pan, add brown sugar, add a cup of fresh bluberries, warm and stir gently dropping heat from high to lower.
Put toasted waffle on plate, add pat of butter, top with another waffle
Pour hot bluberries over waffles
Add whipped cream if desired!
Old 02-11-2012, 04:29 PM   #26

I desire....

Old 02-11-2012, 04:38 PM   #27

~smile~
Old 02-11-2012, 04:41 PM   #28

and so quick and easy!
Old 02-17-2012, 03:59 PM   #29
Official Plant Nerd

Dappy> I'm totally serious. Doozer's getting some from us this year and Bulu might want some from us if he moves to a place where he can have chickens again!!! And you>>>? How many do you want to try hatching? I've got fantastic breeding lines here. A dozen eggs from the lines we've got go for $60 on up. Our babies aren't for sale though.... they're free to good homes. BTW.... we chose the lines we have because they're docile. Every one of our birds can be picked up at any time by anyone!!!
--
biig> "I think you almost convinced her - until that part. heeheehee" Shush... lemme keep working her over I'm getting close!!! Pssst.... roosters don't really crow a lot unless they've got another rooster to show off for and compete with. Ours only gives out a cocka doodle doo like once in the morning and then he's done for the day unless a coyote or some person he doesn't know shows up. If it's a person... he crows once or twice then goes about his business but if it's a coyote... he'll crow again and again while preparing for battle. Herschel is a big rooster. If anything.... a roo like him would be a good watch dog on the road. Folk tend to ignore barking watch dogs but.... a crowing watch rooster... now that'd get attention.
--
Sage> "CluckyHen has to ride in the back seat with the Cookicat and litter pan when we hit the road??? Are you sure this is a good idea?" Noooooo problemo. These are all large fowl birds. They popped out of their shells in our dining room then were moved to an aquarium on our kitchen counter for 2 weeks where our cats hung out and "observed" then into the living room in a large stock tank where our dogs and cats got a chance to get up close and personal with em when ever they wanted for the next coupla weeks before they were moved out to the screened in porch. They're not too good with dogs they don't know and they go bonkers when they see a coyote or a fox but... they've never tried to attack any of the stray cats out there. A chick might not be a good idea for you because cats have this tendency of sinking their teeth into anything they can fit their mouth around but.... our babies grew up to be bigguns. Cookiecat would be hard pressed sinking her teeth into 1 the size of what we've got. These aren't bantams. Think bowling ball with beak covered in feathers.
--
hava> " I desire.... " Why.... I never knew. Just lemme know how many babies you want!!!
Old 02-17-2012, 04:51 PM   #30

No little ones needed here.
I have enough to take care of already...
~What to do with leftover corn muffins!-catfish.jpg
I'm currently working on finding homes for a cat fish and a couple of goldfish that are rapidly outgrowing their tanks.
(Richard Chemels-catfish)

Tags
corn, leftover, muffins