Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Enjoying The Fruits of our Labor > Recipes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2010, 12:18 AM   #21
Official Plant Nerd

Count me in!!! I ordered a boatload of seed. I'll start a bunch of tomatoes again next year. You like tomatoes so I'll either give you some seed or I can save some starts for you. Anything catch your eye that you're looking for? I ordered about 25 different seed packs. I've got small raised veggie beds so no way will I be able to use a whole pack of anything.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:19 AM   #22
Salamander

Tks for your leftovers. For some reason I thought you had a very large garden.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:21 PM   #23
Official Plant Nerd

No.... I wish. I have 4 4x4 raised veggie beds. 1 raised bed that's around 4x9, 2 raised beds that are around 4x10 and I'm tossing in 2 more raised beds that are around 4x12. I did order my tomatoes, potatoes, and garlic. I shoulda said I was ordering about 25 more but I plotted things out and I can only order 20 more different kinds of veggies. I'm going to toss some veggies in by my viburnums and toss more veggies in by other "ornamentals". Why not? It's wasted space anyway and the soil's good.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:00 AM   #24
WG Fundraising Coordinator

I had 4 x 4 beds when I lived in Guelph. We had a teeny tiny backyard but lots of greens to eat all summer. Plus no heavy tilling! Now we have volunteer squash and tomatoes from the compost pile that end up in the flower beds so we just let them grow and get bonus veggies!
linrose is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
best radish, braised, cook, cooking, daikon, daikon radish, eat, edibles, flavor, food, garden, grilled, radish, radish recipe, radish recipes, radish sandwich, radish tart, radishes, recipe, recipes, relish, salad, taste, vegetable, veggie