Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Welcome To The Wildlife Gardeners Forum! > Photo of the Month

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2012, 11:34 AM   #41
Pope

Hmmm. Hard to say which I like best but the morel(?) is lovely. The trilliums are so pretty they remind me of those growing in the Michigan woods when I was a child. But the best from a photographic standpoint has to be the snowstorm. It is hard to capture something dynamic like that and the contrast between the greens and white is so unusual it is really something.
Hedgerowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:22 PM   #42
Offical Silphium Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapjwy View Post
They don't look too shabby to me!

Thank you for sharing...I almost feel like I got out in the woods there now too. Great to see the trillium and the mayapple patch...but I especially like the emerging oak leaves.
I am madly in love with the Wildwood Preserve--and my long-suffering spouse doesn't mind.

~http://rebeccas-window.blogspot.com/~
Rebek56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:56 PM   #43
POM Judge & Official Non Gardener

Wow! You're all making me work especially hard this month! I have downloaded all the pix I'm choosing for the final consideration folder! Are there any more entries out there?
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:13 PM   #44
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebek56 View Post
I am madly in love with the Wildwood Preserve--and my long-suffering spouse doesn't mind.
It's great that you have such a place to visit...and lucky you that your spouse doesn't mind!

There used to be a beautiful park full of wildflowers where I used to live--well...the park is still there, but I'm not around to visit it. We used to walk there a lot when we first got together...Jeff learned to recognize and name a lot of wildflowers. I never thought of him as "long suffering", but I do have to wonder, as I used to quiz him! Funny how he doesn't seem to wanna walk with me much anymore.
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
~ A Native Backyard Blog ~
dapjwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:27 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by suunto View Post
This was a VERY slow month, enlivened only by a brief snowstorm - even had to dredge up one image from last year!
The robin nest is on top of our electric meter - at least she has a clear view...
Nice.

Beautiful morel...and COOL snow storm with all of that GREEN.
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
Old 04-30-2012, 06:32 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgerowe View Post
...the best from a photographic standpoint has to be the snowstorm. It is hard to capture something dynamic like that and the contrast between the greens and white is so unusual it is really something.

Yeah, what she said. That is what I wanted to say, but I didn't have the words.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:35 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
Wow! You're all making me work especially hard this month!
I don't envy you your job!
Old 04-30-2012, 07:01 PM   #48
Salamander

Rebek56, I love the mayapple photo...
NEBogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:16 PM   #49
Offical Silphium Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEBogger View Post
Rebek56, I love the mayapple photo...
Thanks. I had never seen so many mayapples before, but the woods were full of them along most of the three-mile trail.

~http://rebeccas-window.blogspot.com/~
Rebek56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:39 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebek56 View Post
Thanks. I had never seen so many mayapples before, but the woods were full of them along most of the three-mile trail.
I love a nice big patch of Mayapples! I'd love to have a colony or three here. ...at least one that I can view from a path below, so I can see the flowers without bending down when I'm older--heck so I don't have to bend down NOW.

Tags
2012, april, camera, contest, enter, entry, free contest, march, month, photo, photo contest, photo entries, photograph, photographer, photography contest, photos, pictures, pom, potm, thread