Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening

Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening (http://www.wildlifegardeners.org/forum/wildlife-gardeners.php)
-   Photo of the Month (http://www.wildlifegardeners.org/forum/photo-month/)
-   -   July 2010 Photo of the Month Contest - Post Entries Here (http://www.wildlifegardeners.org/forum/photo-month/6449-july-2010-photo-month-contest-post-entries-here.html)

Dave Stiles 07-01-2010 12:25 PM

July 2010 Photo of the Month Contest - Post Entries Here
July 2010. Even though prizes have been cut (hopefully not for good) I'm gonna run the contest until told to stop. If nothing else at the end of the year I'll post a thread with the top 12 images of the year.

Hmmm, fund-raising calendar anyone?

havalotta 07-01-2010 02:47 PM

Oh boy, Now that, would be something to cherish! Thanks Dave
Prize or no prize, I'm glad to be a player for another fine month....

Gloria 07-01-2010 05:09 PM

And we are always glad you play. Thanks Dave and Havalotta.

tineckbone 07-01-2010 05:47 PM

I think that a calendar with all the previous month's winners is a GREAT idea.

bridget1964 07-01-2010 08:07 PM

Yes, a calendar is a fantastic idea! I make calendars every year for my family using Shutterfly.com. If this is something that we're going to do, I can put the calendar together. Just a thought...

havalotta 07-14-2010 11:30 AM

Dave... I have a few questions.

Would non local plants, animals, birds etc. be appropriate or eligible for the P.O.M. contest?
For instance those taken outside of the U.S.A or anything imported into the U.S.A. for some reason or the other.....
Zoos, horticulture domes, aviaries?

Should the photos be restricted to horizontal images to best fit the calendar idea or W.G.s use?

Dave Stiles 07-14-2010 12:06 PM

As long as it isn't a pet any image taken worldwide is fine with me.

As for captive animals, well, if there is no sign of the animals enclosure how would I know it wasn't wild ... well, captive animals eyes seem to be dead, but that's my impression.

Aviaries and horticultural domes are fine by me, again, try to keep the image clean of enclosure/walls if possible.

Then again, a contest requires entries which seem to be lacking ... no images means no winner.

havalotta 07-14-2010 12:55 PM

Thanks for the quick response Dave.
My lynx peering between the links just got the boot. :throwtomatoes

It usually takes me a few weeks to capture something worthwhile entering.
I don't have the stashes and back ups like others do being digital for only a little more than a year....

Should we restrict ourselves to horizontal images?

havalotta 07-14-2010 12:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well If no ones ready to pounce in......
Attachment 18042
I will!

Dave Stiles 07-14-2010 02:46 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Post the links lynx anyway .... since prizes are cut I'm more than open to making comments on how to improve an image if anyone is interested. Oh yeah, I see your lion and raise with a captive cougar.

the links may have been made 'invisible' by changing the depth of field ...