Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Welcome To The Wildlife Gardeners Forum! > Photo of the Month

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2008, 09:45 PM   #31
POM Judge & Official Non Gardener

Gorgeous pix, Christopher!
Old 12-26-2008, 09:53 PM   #32

Here are a few more - White-tail deer in my backyard, a tuxedo kitty spotted in the neighborhood and a Red-tailed Hawk.
Attached Thumbnails
My December photos-p1120960-1ed.jpg   My December photos-p1130306ed.jpg   My December photos-p1130358ed2.jpg   My December photos-p1130484-2.jpg  
Old 12-26-2008, 10:05 PM   #33

Whoops! I pulled accidentally those from the Nov folder, but since this forum is new, I hope it's ok.

Here are some Dec shots - a little tiny squirrel and a black-capped chickadee on my second-floor balcony and a tree in the yard
Attached Thumbnails
My December photos-p1130710-1.jpg   My December photos-p1130716-1.jpg   My December photos-p1130762-2.jpg  
Old 12-26-2008, 11:18 PM   #34
Unicellular Fungi

Such an enticing January photo of the month prize..... I'll have to try my luck. The ice nodules were created in freezing weather by the splash of a small stream. The rattlesnake is the Great Basin species, who was kind enough to pose for this portrait even after I nearly stepped on him. The manzanita branch shows the great character they achieve in old age; fabulous wood, too -- eighth hardest in the world, makes beautiful art and the very best kitchen tools.
Attached Thumbnails
My December photos-dscf0194.jpg   My December photos-dscf0221.jpg   My December photos-old-manzanita.jpg  
Old 12-27-2008, 10:48 AM   #35
Unicellular Fungi

(sigh) I see my chances of ever winning that DVD slipping awaaaaaaaaaay with each and every photo posted. You guys are really good!
Old 12-27-2008, 04:54 PM   #36
Carbon

I'll submit a couple of winter scenes. These are of native plants in my northern Illinois yard.
Attached Thumbnails
My December photos-winter-contrasts.jpg   My December photos-winter-natives.jpg  
Old 12-27-2008, 06:38 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdwhisperer View Post
Such an enticing January photo of the month prize..... I'll have to try my luck. The ice nodules were created in freezing weather by the splash of a small stream. The rattlesnake is the Great Basin species, who was kind enough to pose for this portrait even after I nearly stepped on him. The manzanita branch shows the great character they achieve in old age; fabulous wood, too -- eighth hardest in the world, makes beautiful art and the very best kitchen tools.
Those shots are fantastic! The ice is like crystal and the manzanita wood is like nothing I've ever seen!
Old 12-27-2008, 06:39 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natives Tim View Post
I'll submit a couple of winter scenes. These are of native plants in my northern Illinois yard.
Lovely shots!
Old 12-27-2008, 07:20 PM   #39
Unicellular Fungi

These are of a few native plants that I could get to in my yard. I had fun taking the photos. Maybe I should have used flash or something. These were the best photos I took. The others were far worse.
Attached Thumbnails
My December photos-aronia.jpg   My December photos-amsonia.jpg   My December photos-chelone.jpg   My December photos-echinacea.jpg   My December photos-liatris.jpg  

Old 12-27-2008, 10:18 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLorax View Post
These are of a few native plants that I could get to in my yard. I had fun taking the photos. Maybe I should have used flash or something. These were the best photos I took. The others were far worse.
I love the way you isolated the berries and seed pods against the snow! Beautiful shots!

Every day is a photoshoot - just point the camera!
Closed Thread

Tags
december, photos