Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Welcome To The Wildlife Gardeners Forum! > Photo of the Month

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2009, 01:24 AM   #31
WG Prize & Gift Coordinator

Love looking at all the talent out there!
Any rules or topics?
havalotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 01:35 AM   #32
Administrator

We are called Wildlife Gardeners. Here is our Mission Statement.
Quote:
Wildlife Gardeners promotes environmentally sound practices to preserve biodiversity. We do so by encouraging discussions of the preservation, restoration and establishment of native flora and fauna AND sustainable gardening practices. The Best science will prevail. We are an environmental tutelage and advocacy organization dedicated to fostering a love of ecosystems and education in the areas of environmental science and natural history.
Any photos consistent with our Mission Statement would be appropriate. This would not be an area to post photos of pets or kids. Photos should be taken in the month of the contest. It doesn't matter what year they were taken in. Who wants to see snow in the month of July?
Old 04-12-2009, 11:12 AM   #33

Well thankyou. You have all helped me a great deal!

For my first attempt, I'll try and put up a few pictures of me learning what the differece is between a post and a thread!

I don't see them in this area but I uploaded somewhere! Wish me luck.
Attached Thumbnails
April 2009 Photo of the month thread - post contest images here-dscf3982.jpg   April 2009 Photo of the month thread - post contest images here-dscf3983.jpg  
Old 04-12-2009, 11:13 AM   #34

Wow i did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy easter to all of you...........................
Old 04-12-2009, 09:06 PM   #35
Unicellular Fungi

Congratulations! You did it. What other birds do you have photos of?
Old 04-12-2009, 09:27 PM   #36
Naturalist/Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless Weeder View Post
Who wants to see snow in the month of July?
I'll make it a point to post some July snow images this year when we get our summer snow in the Tetons and Yellowstone!!!

Last year (June 11, 2008) I came out of my apartment on campus in shorts and a t-shirt for a day hike with my students ... only to step outside into a snowstorm. Haven't worn shorts since then.
Dave Stiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 09:33 PM   #37
Administrator

I stand corrected. We had snow the end of May last year. By all means post any photos of snow you have in the Tetons in June
Old 04-12-2009, 10:24 PM   #38
Unicellular Fungi

Default True Leaves

My tomato seedling continue to grow and their first true leaves are emerging. I took the opportunity to focus in on what they look like as the spring from to crook between the cotyledons.

April 2009 Photo of the month thread - post contest images here-wp_trueleaves_tomato_v1_1900x1200.jpg
This first one is my new desktop. I like dark backgrounds to help my icons pop out.
April 2009 Photo of the month thread - post contest images here-wp_trueleaves_tomato_v5_1900x1200.jpg
I liked the fact you can pick out three different true leaves in different stages of growth in this one.
April 2009 Photo of the month thread - post contest images here-wp_trueleaves_tomato_v2_1280x1024.jpg
The big true leaf in this one looked like a cactus to me when I zoomed in. I can't believe how thorny it looks.
April 2009 Photo of the month thread - post contest images here-wp_trueleaves_tomato_v4_1024x768.jpg
This one has true leaves that are just starting to form.
April 2009 Photo of the month thread - post contest images here-l_trueleaves_tomato_v6.jpg
I liked how the light caught the hairs in this shot. It felt like there was a halo surrounding this guy. That or that each hair was a fiber-optic cable end.

Hope you enjoy!

Chris
CluelessGardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 10:30 PM   #39
POM Judge & Official Non Gardener

Default ~Bluebirds of Happiness~

Sure sign of April around western New York are these little Bluebirds, which live where we see the leucistic hawk.
Attached Thumbnails
April 2009 Photo of the month thread - post contest images here-p1210917ed.jpg   April 2009 Photo of the month thread - post contest images here-p1210906ed.jpg   April 2009 Photo of the month thread - post contest images here-p1210928ed.jpg  
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 10:41 PM   #40
POM Judge & Official Non Gardener

Wow! Is this WG's first family affair? Stoloniferous and CluelessGardener? Welcome Chris, but you cannot take my position as #1 clueless gardener here, everyone knows it me! Especially since you're posting pix of seedlings! I can't even do that! And very nice pix there are too!

Welcome to havalotta also! You grow some colorful thread-plants!
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2009, april, contest, great blue heron, heron, images, month, photo, post, thread