Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Welcome To The Wildlife Gardeners Forum! > Photo of the Month

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2013, 06:19 AM   #41
Offical Silphium Abuser

Linrose, how do we pay for the calendars?

~http://rebeccas-window.blogspot.com/~
Rebek56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 12:15 PM   #42
WG Fundraising Coordinator

dap - yes time is running out. If anyone wants to put up some photos for the cover on this thread for consideration, great. I don't think we have time for a poll but folks can weigh in on any photos submitted here. I have a couple of my own (cook's privilege) in mind in keeping with last year's cover of butterflies on blooms using new species of each. This year's cover was a frittilary on a butterflyweed. Due to time constraints we need to find a cover in a day or two. We also need someone who visits here daily so they can read their PMs and be in close touch with what's going on here.

I still need Sage's photo for November (hey Sage, you out there???) and Viceroy's photo for December. I see Viceroy hasn't visited here since late October, maybe he's not available in which case I'll need to find a suitable photo for December also.

Also if you have a photo in the calendar please let me know how you want to be credited, that detail gets overlooked a lot.

I'll be on the road from Wednesday through Friday for Thanksgiving so please PM or e-mail me before that if possible.

Here are some of my submissions for a possible cover with the butterflies on blooms theme. I'll use one of these unless we can make something else happen PDQ!
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Calendar-culvers-root3.jpg   2014 Calendar-black-swallowtail.jpg   2014 Calendar-tiger-pycnanthemum.jpg   2014 Calendar-tiger-joe-pye-weed.jpg   2014 Calendar-tigers-joe-pye.jpg  

linrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 12:20 PM   #43

Rebek - PM me and send me your mailing address. I'll be sending them out from here. Then you can send me a check, cash or money order after you receive the calendar. I still don't have a price yet, it depends on how many I end up ordering as the price goes down with volume. I'll let everyone know soon, and when to expect your calendars.
Old 11-24-2013, 01:47 PM   #44
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient

Quote:
Originally Posted by linrose View Post
dap - yes time is running out. If anyone wants to put up some photos for the cover on this thread for consideration, great. I don't think we have time for a poll but folks can weigh in on any photos submitted here. I have a couple of my own (cook's privilege) in mind...

Here are some of my submissions for a possible cover with the butterflies on blooms theme. I'll use one of these unless we can make something else happen PDQ!
I'm fine with your "cook's privilege"...and I have to admit I'm having a hard time picking one of the five you posted (your decision, of course). I went from saying definitely the first, to saying how about the 3rd...then what about the 4th one...or even the 5th...of course, if you want to get that "Gardener's" part of Wildlife Gardener's, the 2nd one fits the bill. See, I'm no help at all!

Quote:
Also if you have a photo in the calendar please let me know how you want to be credited, that detail gets overlooked a lot.
I'm fine with the way it was done last year...I went back to check, and it was my real name. Works for me.

Thanks.

Oh, and did we find out a price for them this year?
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
~ A Native Backyard Blog ~
dapjwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 01:51 PM   #45
Offical Silphium Abuser

I like the black swallowtail on phlox, but they're all lovely.

~http://rebeccas-window.blogspot.com/~
Rebek56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 02:14 PM   #46

No price yet dap, the cost to us will be less than last year because we are (hopefully!) getting in before the end of the year which saves us a minimum of $2 on each. The more we buy at one time, the less expensive, plus we get free shipping. One copy is $8, then it goes down from there with volume. It also depends on how much profit for WG we expect and how much folks feel comfortable paying. Last year they were $19, we can go less than that, or keep it the same and make more for WG. Mailing them through the US Post Office cost me around $1.50 last year which was included in the price, I'm not sure if the rates went up since then.

I'm glad you like my photos, I didn't enter the contest this year except for a couple in October (my favorite month!) and I couldn't help myself! I'm still open to more entries and I REALLY NEED a December photo - please help!!! Any photo taken in December of any year is fine. Post 'em here!
Old 11-24-2013, 04:40 PM   #47
Official Plant Nerd

linrose> I like them all.... you should just pick which photo goes on the cover!!!
Old 11-24-2013, 05:41 PM   #48
WG Prize & Gift Coordinator

I liked the black swallowtail on your phlox as well but If you're in search of a photo "Taken in December" with a bit of fauna included....
2014 Calendar-dscf3068.jpg
2014 Calendar-dscf1109.jpg
Two are all I can offer after looking through the month of December in each and every one of my animal folders.
I'm not out much during that time of the year as December's usually filled up with shopping, wrapping, prepping food and visiting with family.

A walk among the elusive Whitetail Deer
havalotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 05:52 PM   #49
Fox

After some digging I've come to the realization that I don't take many nature photos in December and when I do, they're not very good. This is the only December photo that I have that has any merit. I used it as my Christmas card a few years ago.

2014 Calendar-splash-redcrop.jpg
Old 11-25-2013, 07:17 PM   #50
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulucanagria View Post
After some digging I've come to the realization that I don't take many nature photos in December and when I do, they're not very good. This is the only December photo that I have that has any merit. I used it as my Christmas card a few years ago.

Attachment 39597
I like I. It reminds me of a mourning dove photo I took a few years ago. (I think we had this conversation before.)
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
~ A Native Backyard Blog ~
dapjwy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014, calendar