Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Welcome To The Wildlife Gardeners Forum! > Photo of the Month

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2013, 10:27 PM   #231
POM Judge & Official Non Gardener
 
Sage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Buffalo, NY, USA
Default

You've got to be kidding dap!
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:33 PM   #232
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient
 
dapjwy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
You've got to be kidding dap!
~smile~ LOL!

It looks a lot harder than I think it is. (It can't be worse than the last few we've had!)

Try it, you'll like it.
__________________
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
~ A Native Backyard Blog ~
dapjwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:06 PM   #233
POM Judge & Official Non Gardener
 
Sage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Buffalo, NY, USA
Default

I did! I examined every leaf and looked for something under them and thought for sure there must be something on the sticks! And I've got my new glasses on!
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:59 PM   #234
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient
 
dapjwy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
I did! I examined every leaf and looked for something under them and thought for sure there must be something on the sticks! And I've got my new glasses on!
Are you ready for a clue?

At least it doesn't exactly blend in with the leaves.
__________________
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
~ A Native Backyard Blog ~
dapjwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:51 PM   #235
Grub
 
Arey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Default

I think I found one. But I'm a bit ambivalent about it.
Arey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 01:30 PM   #236
Official Plant Nerd
 
Equilibrium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Default

OMG.... you brut you!!!! Is 1 of the Waldos a moth sorta facing sorta the upper left corner of the photo?
__________________
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss
Equilibrium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 02:00 PM   #237
Grub
 
Arey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Default

I don't see a moth, but I think I see a toad near the left border of the picture, a bit below the small white stick that is on top of the tree branch. A dumb pun I thought up years ago. "What's the state of mind of a tadpole who's about to leave the water and live life as a toad." "Amphibivalent".
Arey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 02:08 PM   #238
Official Plant Nerd
 
Equilibrium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Default

Spew alert! Spew alert!!! Amphibivalent>>>!!! Ha ha ha!!! I scan posts fast and had to take a 2nd look at that word to figure out what you were up to and almost bust a gut!!!
--
I thought I saw a green something or other but when I enlarged that area... it was just vegetation of some sort. All I could come up with was 1 blotch that looked like it could be a moth.
__________________
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss
Equilibrium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 03:51 PM   #239
Grub
 
Arey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Default

About 2/3 of the way up the left side is a small stick laying across the fallen limb. Under that stick is a pale large leaf and then a small reddish leaf. I think I can see a toad under the reddish leaf. It's on a diagonal to the left above the small patch of green. I think I can see a pair of small eyes. On the other hand I might just be delusional.
Arey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 04:26 PM   #240
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient
 
dapjwy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arey View Post
I think I found one. But I'm a bit ambivalent about it.
I was going to ask you what sort of critter it was to give you a thumbs up or thumbs down...but I see you answered that later on. Also, you cleared up my next question about your being ambivalent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
OMG.... you brut you!!!!
LOL! You know you love it!

I must admit that the backdrop of the leaves I spread did make me smile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
Is 1 of the Waldos a moth sorta facing sorta the upper left corner of the photo?
Nope, no moth--at least not to my knowledge...I guess I should check it out, there could be multiple Waldos in there.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Arey View Post
I don't see a moth, but I think I see a toad near the left border of the picture, a bit below the small white stick that is on top of the tree branch. A dumb pun I thought up years ago. "What's the state of mind of a tadpole who's about to leave the water and live life as a toad." "Amphibivalent".
Nope, no toad (although I will check out your description--perhaps I missed it).

"Amphibivalent". ~smile~ Cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
I thought I saw a green something or other but when I enlarged that area...
Waldo is green.

(See, I'm not that mean...he contrasts with the brown leaves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arey View Post
About 2/3 of the way up the left side is a small stick laying across the fallen limb. Under that stick is a pale large leaf and then a small reddish leaf. I think I can see a toad under the reddish leaf. It's on a diagonal to the left above the small patch of green. I think I can see a pair of small eyes. On the other hand I might just be delusional.
Okay...enough typing...I'm gonna have to check out this "toad". Perhaps we could all have a mass delusion.
__________________
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
~ A Native Backyard Blog ~
dapjwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2013, game, waldo, wildlife

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2