Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Welcome To The Wildlife Gardeners Forum! > Photo of the Month

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 03:52 PM   #51
WG Prize & Gift Coordinator

Try loading only "one" at a time..They may be too large to enter all at once. That usually does the trick.

A walk among the elusive Whitetail Deer
havalotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:11 AM   #52
Fox

Coral Honeysuckle

~JANUARY 2013 POM Entry Thread~-img_6969.jpg
MaggyNoLia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:19 AM   #53
Fox

Foggy Reservoir

~JANUARY 2013 POM Entry Thread~-img_6928.jpg
Old 01-24-2013, 04:11 AM   #54
Unicellular Fungi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
Here's a photo I took from through my car window.... like every year.... there are tens of thousands of them. It's not the greatest photo but the snow we had melted about a week ago when we had a streak of weather in the mid 30's.
--
River> EXCELLENT seed photo!!! What with Maggy's fog photo and now your seed photo.... I'm like totally screwed!!! I'm thinking my chances of getting that book are like zip nadda nothing. Woe is me.... boo hoooooo. Great username BTW!!!!
I am a lucky man because two of my favorite birds are American Robins and Canadian Geese, which means I get to see them all the time! They just never get old to me. I like the geese pic! Are you going to submit anymore - I think its great to see what the other regions look like and what people find to take pics of. I have one, maybe two more that will go up.
River is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:44 PM   #55
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggyNoLia View Post
Foggy Reservoir

Attachment 34673
I love your foggy reservoir.

...do you have coral honeysuckle in January!?
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
~ A Native Backyard Blog ~
dapjwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:13 PM   #56
Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapjwy View Post
I love your foggy reservoir.

...do you have coral honeysuckle in January!?
LoL...yep, we have coral honeysuckle in January. Not always, but this year has been very mild up until this past week. I think these are our first freezing temps this season.....but our days are still getting up in the 60's..last week we were hovering around 80...
Old 01-25-2013, 12:05 PM   #57
Official Plant Nerd

MaggyNo> Niiiiiiiiiiiice foggy reservoir!!!
--
river> Ha ha ha…. trying to make me feel better about my lame photo, eh? It’s ok…. really. We’ve got real slim pickins at this time of year out my way and even slimmer since we haven’t had any snow recently so post what ever you’ve got so everyone gets some more eye candy!!!! I’ll be just fine losing out on the book…… soooooooooob…. just fine…. sniffle… crocodile tears pouring out of face…. sob some more….. really…. I will.
--
niiiiiiiiiiiice new avatar you've got there!!!! Which reminds me.... I need to get rid of the raccoon I've got and would somebody PLEASE rid me of that pantyhose princess title!!!

Last edited by WG Admin; 02-09-2013 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Member requested typo fix
Equilibrium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:38 PM   #58
Unicellular Fungi

Default Black-Billed Magpie

Black-billed Magpie in the eastern foothills of the Cascade Mountains outside of Wenatchee. Sagebrush, bitterbrush and Western Serviceberry are some of the flora. Taken on a hike today.
Attached Thumbnails
~JANUARY 2013 POM Entry Thread~-magpie.jpg  
River is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:58 PM   #59
Heron

Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post
Black-billed Magpie in the eastern foothills of the Cascade Mountains outside of Wenatchee. Sagebrush, bitterbrush and Western Serviceberry are some of the flora. Taken on a hike today.
Cool we don't get many pics of western species here nice photo
recurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:10 PM   #60
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggyNoLia View Post
LoL...yep, we have coral honeysuckle in January. Not always, but this year has been very mild up until this past week. I think these are our first freezing temps this season.....but our days are still getting up in the 60's..last week we were hovering around 80...
We had a stretch of unusually cold weather, but even with our crazy warm winter last year, we will never have honeysuckle in January! I love it here and never plan to move, but your temps sure are tempting.
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
~ A Native Backyard Blog ~
dapjwy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2013, camera, contest, enter, entry, free contest, january, month, open, photo, photo contest, photo entries, photograph, photographer, photography contest, photos, pictures, pom, potm, thread