Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Welcome To The Wildlife Gardeners Forum! > Photo of the Month

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2012, 07:22 PM   #1
POM Judge & Official Non Gardener

camera5 ~June 2012 POM Entry Thread~

~June 2012 Photo of the Month Entry Thread~

Grab your camera and catch a winning shot! Lots of new young wildlife, birdies, bugs and everything growing in your gardens is waiting for you! Share your four best shots with Wildlife Gardeners!
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:38 AM   #2
WG Operations, Facilitator

paw print

ok, it's 30 minutes after the midnight deadline....(central time)

Here are my entries if I can still can get these photos in.

Black bear, Ursus Americanus; code name Flower.

~June 2012 POM Entry Thread~-img_6561.jpg ~June 2012 POM Entry Thread~-img_6576.jpg ~June 2012 POM Entry Thread~-img_6580.jpg ~June 2012 POM Entry Thread~-img_6567.jpg
Old 06-01-2012, 07:33 AM   #3
Official Plant Nerd

Code name Flower..... ha ha ha!!! Sooo.... you're planning on wowing everyone this month with "cuteness", eh?
Old 06-01-2012, 08:06 AM   #4

4B, were those wonderful Flower pix taken in June?
Old 06-01-2012, 09:52 AM   #5
WG Prize & Gift Coordinator

I may be wrong but.....I believe she's wondering if she met the midnight deadline for "Mays" contest when she stated.
Quote:
Here are my entries if I can still can get these photos in.

Booboo-Sage... I did a check and found Sages "Eastern time zone" is one hour AHEAD of Wisconsins "Central time" zone.
30 minutes after midnight (central time) would be 30 minutes after 1:00 in Sages (Eastern time). Time Convertor: Central - Eastern

If I am correct in the assumption....It appears the entries were an hour and 30 minutes PAST the midnight deadline for Mays contest.
Since they were taken in May, unfortunately they are "not eligible" for entry into Junes contest either.

I have a feeling we'll be seeing some pretty great "Flower" entries in "Next" Mays contest. THOSE ARE AWESOME!

A walk among the elusive Whitetail Deer
havalotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 11:50 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
Code name Flower..... ha ha ha!!! Sooo.... you're planning on wowing everyone this month with "cuteness", eh?
Cute will come when I can get some decent photos of her 3 cubs. One of them is cinnamon colored!
Old 06-01-2012, 11:53 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by havalotta View Post
If I am correct in the assumption....It appears the entries were an hour and 30 minutes PAST the midnight deadline for Mays contest.
Since they were taken in May, unfortunately they are "not eligible" for entry into Junes contest either.

I have a feeling we'll be seeing some pretty great "Flower" entries in "Next" Mays contest. THOSE ARE AWESOME!
Yes, the bear photos were taken in May. I didn't remember to upload them until last last night. I was hoping to make the cut-off time.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:00 PM   #8

I got some grief one month when the winning pic I chose turned out not to be taken in the month of the contest.
What do you all think about allowing a couple days to a week after the close of a month for pix taken late in the month, like BooBoo's, to get posted? I was thinking about doing that before but hadn't gotten to ask you all. It could start with June. Maybe "all June entries must be posted by July 5th". I realize it's difficult for everyone who takes some contest-worthy shots to meet that midnight deadline. I'd be fine with that. As long as the pix taken as posted to the correct month's thread.

What say you all?
Old 06-01-2012, 12:24 PM   #9
Heron

I think the month should be enough time. Let the bears in this time but stick to the rules after this. The note comes out to let people know the new month is starting. But I'm fairly new here so I shouldn't say too much.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:34 PM   #10
WG's Mr. Tomato Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
What do you all think about allowing a couple days to a week after the close of a month for pix taken late in the month, like BooBoo's, to get posted.
Sage-

It's your call. What will you do?
"If gardening isn't a pleasure for you, chances are the work will merely give you a rotten disposition. If you'd rather be golfing or fishing, get a bumper sticker that says so, and forget gardening."
Elsa Bakalar
WG Admin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012, camera, contest, enter, entry, free contest, june, month, open, photo, photo contest, photo entries, photograph, photographer, photography contest, photos, pictures, pom, potm, thread