Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Reduce That Ecological Footprint > North American News and Current Events

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2012, 02:51 PM   #1
WG Staff

Default The $6 quadrillion cost of the climate scam

The $6 quadrillion cost of the climate scam
Hang the Bankers
22 Aug 2012

The $6 quadrillion cost of the climate scam | Hang The Bankers | He Who Controls the Money Supply, Controls the World
excerpt from above:
Quote:
I have just told the annual planetary-emergencies conference of the World Federation of Scientists that on the basis of the lunatic anti-CO2 policies now fashionable among scientifically illiterate governments, it would cost $6 quadrillion to prevent the 6 degrees Fahrenheit of predicted “global warming” that will not happen anyway...
Old 08-23-2012, 03:18 PM   #2
WG Staff

Default Profits on Carbon Credits Drive Output of a Harmful Gas

Profits on Carbon Credits Drive Output of a Harmful Gas
By ELISABETH ROSENTHAL and ANDREW W. LEHREN
Published: August 8, 2012

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/09/wo...pagewanted=all
excerpt from above:
Quote:
So since 2005 the 19 plants receiving the waste gas payments have profited handsomely from an unlikely business: churning out more harmful coolant gas so they can be paid to destroy its waste byproduct. The high output keeps the prices of the coolant gas irresistibly low, discouraging air-conditioning companies from switching to less-damaging alternative gases. That means, critics say, that United Nations subsidies intended to improve the environment are instead creating their own damage.

The United Nations and the European Union, through new rules and an outright ban, are trying to undo this unintended bonanza. But the lucrative incentive has become so entrenched that efforts to roll it back are proving tricky, even risky...
Old 08-24-2012, 07:38 AM   #3
The Bug Whisperer

We seem intent on destroying our only home in the name of greed...

Henry Ward Beecher
suunto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:43 AM   #4
Heron

Sorry I just don't get it. Science is telling us we're now adding Green House gases that have been stored in ancient vegetation for millions of years. The sun shines on our little blue marble and with the excess green house gases are keeping the heat in.

Can we lower greenhouse gases like CO2 and Methane?

Sure we can, All we have to do is stop factory farming and sequester the excess carbon which should be 350ppm.

I think it's great that General Motors is buying carbon credits; Not only does this preserve the Brazilian Forest for Migratory birds and all the Wildlife it provides good jobs in the forest keeping it healthy.

Don't throw out a number and say we can't afford it; What we can't afford is a hotter planet with fewer species. IMHO there's only so much wealth in the world; Drilling Oil keeps the economy going; After it's consumed we forget the rest of the cycle. It just magically disappears like a magic act. Poof! 16 million bbls of Oil don't just disappear.

But that's the way it's been done for centuries; We call it the Industrial Age,, The age of inefficiency. It took a few decades but cars doubled their mileage and heating a home went from most the heat going up the chimney to a +90 furnace that you can put your hand in front of like a dryer.

We're overdue for a change; This is the Information Age and are dragging our feet when it comes to just about everything, With all the work that Al Gore put into his movie many came out against it saying it was Baloney...That's where most people are. Burying your head in the sand doesn't reduce emissions and now we have a V.P hopeful talking about drilling in the Alaskan Refuge, Another old idea.
Third year they leap; So plant some today
sprucetree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:50 AM   #5
Official Plant Nerd

Sometimes you just have to laugh so you don’t cry. I ordered some vitamins and dietary supplements and couldn’t help noticing the packaging…. a box 2x the size necessary to ship the contents with a wadded up piece of what looked like freezer paper tossed in over the top of the plastic air wrap that took up “some” of the extra space in the box. Took me a while following the $$$ but I did thanks to all the "green" advertising on the box, International Paper’s ‘Green Toolbox: "Conscious" Supply Chain’, their “Green Choice”, International Paper - Green Toolbox Supply Chain, “Being an environmentally-friendly packaging companies goes beyond the folding carton and extends to the entire supply chain. Shorewood Packaging provides customers with a transparent supply chain to guarantee continuous improvement and innovative methods of being smarter AND greener. We leverage the global assets of International Paper, including the procurement of recycled and renewable materials for additional "green" choices for packaging” and lookie here…. Shorewood Packaging, a business of International Paper has an Environmental Solutions program claiming some of their packaging uses special eco-friendly materials that are nearly carbon neutral, The Ultimate 'Green' Album Package Sprouts Wildflowers! Universal Music Enterprises Teams... -- re> SANTA MONICA, Calif., March 31 /PRNewswire/ --. All the while UPS claims to be going “carbon neutral” by compensating for “the release of emissions in one place--such as tailpipe emissions from your packages moving through the UPS network--by eliminating them elsewhere in the world” via the purchase of carbon offsets “certified” by the likes of the CarbonNeutral Company that adheres to the CarbonNeutral Protocol that is verified by Société Générale de Surveillance (SGS)….. “It is a forward-looking strategy that addresses the CO2 you simply cannot eliminate within your supply chain”, Carbon Offsets, UPS carbon neutral, Offsets: UPS. Yup…. that’s the same Carbon Neutral Protocol that approved the likes of “earth friendly” projects like growing Paulownia and GMO'ed Eucalyptus trees that are “bred” with cold tolerance so they can aggressively invade even more natural areas “globally”, Endangered Species Losses Connected to American Politics.. “what they're really doing is "herding" them off their lands like animals into the cities in the name of "sustainability" for the carbon credits (big $$$) while appropriating their natural resources for a greater good.”
--
If we think all the sweat labor we expend removing ickies and nasties while planting back natives and buying locally while watching how we're spending our $$$ while trying to become more self-reliant by growing more of our own food on our own land doesn’t matter…. we’d be mistaken.
--
suunto> I wouldn't say we're destroying our only home but I would say that we're collectively standing by doing nothing which is allowing the elite to destroy our only home.
--
spruce> their science tells us lots of things because they have fully vested interests in the carbon exchanges. "Our" sustainable forestry industry is anything but sustainable unless.... we count sustaining the profits of the elite and their chosen into perpetuity.
Attached Thumbnails
The  quadrillion cost of the climate scam-img_0070.jpg   The  quadrillion cost of the climate scam-img_0072.jpg   The  quadrillion cost of the climate scam-img_0073.jpg   The  quadrillion cost of the climate scam-img_0074.jpg  
Old 08-24-2012, 11:08 AM   #6
Official Plant Nerd

Here.... maybe watching this will help, 'Report: Companies Boosted Waste Output to Profit from Carbon Credits', Report: Companies Boosted Waste Output to Profit from Carbon Credits, "The New York Times is reporting a number of companies have increased the production of dangerous chemicals in order to profit from the carbon credits earned by reducing the pollution they cause. Since 2005, manufacturers of gases used in air conditioning and refrigeration have sharply boosted their production of a waste gas just to obtain the large number of credits they get for ultimately destroying it. The credits have then been sold to other polluters, yielding earnings of tens of millions of dollars a year. The United States and European Union have taken recent steps to thwart the scheme, but critics say it has become so pervasive it could be difficult to slow down." Problem is.... it's not just HVAC and refrigeration industries doing us in..... all of them jumped on board including the entire fracking industry.... we've unleashed carbon exchange whores on the WHOLE world and they could care less what damage they leave in their wake gaining more control over us and our natural resources. And the costs of the "licenses" to pollute.... well.... those costs of "doing business" in their utopian carbonless economy are passed onto the consumers so who's REALLY making out on trading all these poofs of air in the name of saving our planet and its people from the atrocities of anthropogenic global warming>>>>?
Old 08-24-2012, 11:48 PM   #7
Heron

Yes; Very Frustrating. But I try to make the best of it, When it comes to Vitaman Bottles I'll recycle them by storing seeds in them.

I like my hot chocolate too and buy the powder in the cans then use them to store screws and misc. hardware.

Most cereal and pizza boxes get torn up and are used as blotters in the kitchen compost bucket.
Third year they leap; So plant some today
sprucetree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:17 AM   #8
Great Horned Owl

I've got that old throw my hands in the polluted air and feel helpless feeling...

I'm watching closely my own carbon footprint and eating low off the food chain and growing much of my own; nevertheless, I'm feeling the world is going to the devil in a handbag...

In the face of so much conflicting false/true "evidence," I find it hard to follow the dollar or the logic. So much of what Gore predicted in "An Inconvenient Truth" appears to be coming true, and I find myself wondering if those who came up with the idea of "Carbon Credits" foresaw how the idea would be fielded by the corporate world whose think tanks are programed to make money out of anything - at the cost of anything.

I think we should program a computer and give it absolute power over us because we surely have shown we cannot govern ourselves...

Oracle at Delphi
jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:51 AM   #9
Official Plant Nerd

jack> I think…. not sure…. that you and me both know in our hearts that Al Gore…like Bill Gates…. is in lock-step with the elite and their multinational corporations…. they created astronomical wealth for themselves and for their children and for their children’s children by aligning themselves with the elite. I think where we part ways is that I don’t believe in Gore’s “repent now or else we’re all doomed” prophecies anymore… too many conflicts of interest with the man and his theories, USDA to Give Monsanto’s New GMO Crops Special ‘Speed Approval’. I started picking up on the legalese format in which most… not all…. of his predictions were presented…. most flat out can’t be assessed and those that can because he provided actual time frames based on his “science”…. are being shot down as we pass the dates when big bad rotten horrible very bad things were supposed to happen to us for our sins of emissions. To me…. his doom and gloom predictions are like reading daily horoscopes…. we read into them whatever we want because we’re predisposed to see what we we've been trained to see. Something to consider, 10 Global Warming Doomsday Predictions - John Hawkins - Page 1.
--
These kinda stunts are par for course with them too….
Global Warming - the padding of an agenda - YouTube
--
Ya know…..I can’t live without CO²… you can’t either….. nobody can…. it’s a building block of life that we just so happen to exhale so I don’t see why any of us should be missile locked on our carbon footprint. Getting us to focus on carbon footprints in exchange for their promises of “peace of mind” instead of allowing us to focus on the much larger picture of our collective ecological footprints and what we can be doing right now to clean up real pollutants effectively demonizes CO² to their gain…. demonizing carbon dioxide is all about gaining more access to our tax dollars and ultimately to ALL of our natural resources for their greater good, http://www.wildlifegardeners.org/for...html#post82905.
--
This is short and sweet...From Their Own Mouths….
The Real CLIMATE-GATE - THE AGENDA (climategate / climate gate) (ver. 2) - YouTube
--

Meet Al Gore, Carbon Tax Whore - Climate Change Fraud - YouTube
There he is in all his glory coming right out and clearly stating he wants a global tax on carbon emissions which would ensure the elite a guaranteed source of funding for the UN’s “humanitarian” work and that of their stakeholders. The deeper I look…. The more I don’t see where any of his “predictions” actually came true…. what I’m seeing is dubious metaphysical ideology. For what it’s worth…. I haven’t seen any other doomsday sayer’s predictions coming true either and I’m old enough to remember when some of these very same people were “predicting” how we were all gonna freeze to death back in the 70’s and 80’s. We just need to tune out all doomsday sayers… just like we tuned out the Pope when he claimed atheists were responsible for environmental destruction. We need to do our own thing before we’re totally fleeced and forced into a position with the ruling elite where we’re “casting lots” to determine which 1 of us steps forward with our empty gruel bowl, “Please sir, I want some more”. The elite aren’t saving us from anything…. they’re systematically and methodically robbing us blind while starving us out which round robins me to Null’s “Power of One” so don't you dare roll over by throwing up your hands into the polluted air feeling helpless!!!!
--
“The world is too dangerous to live in – not because of the people who do evil, but because of the people who sit and let it happen.”
Albert Einstein
Old 09-23-2012, 08:17 AM   #10
The Bug Whisperer

The real agenda is that the fossil fuel industry wants to maintain business as usual in spite of the impact on the environment. Do you really believe that all the climatologists in the world are part of some massive conspiracy?

Henry Ward Beecher
suunto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
climate, cost, quadrillion, scam