Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Miscellaneous Gardening Boards > Landscape and Garden Design

LinkBack (2) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2010, 05:46 PM   #61
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack396 View Post
Thanks, Tim, for the link. It was hilarious. As I'm on my way back out to the scene of the battle, I'll keep the mythology alive in my mind as I draw sap and give blood!
~smile~ Cool. I like that "draw sap" try not to give up too much blood to the enemy.

BTW, I'm David (aka dapjwy).

Glad you enjoyed it.
dapjwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 08:35 PM   #62
Official Plant Nerd

"Can't you just wiggle your nose? What do you need a chicken tractor for?" I've tried that but all it gets me is a pink sticky note on my front door from Mrs. Kravitz. She's rules the HOA. The chicken tractor is for the 4 or 5 chickens I'm going to buy from the little 4H kids at the county fair this September.... I want some fresh eggs!!!
Old 05-30-2010, 08:49 PM   #63
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
"Can't you just wiggle your nose? What do you need a chicken tractor for?" I've tried that but all it gets me is a pink sticky note on my front door from Mrs. Kravitz. She's rules the HOA. The chicken tractor is for the 4 or 5 chickens I'm going to buy from the little 4H kids at the county fair this September.... I want some fresh eggs!!!
Yikes! HOA! Blech!

I was in an odd mood last night (most every night, I guess). I think I meant you don't need a chicken tractor if you just wiggle your nose.

Anyway, I've toyed with the idea of raising a few chickens for the fresh eggs...not sure I'll ever do it. ...but, maybe, with a chicken tractor, I would.

Good luck with that.
dapjwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 09:04 PM   #64
Official Plant Nerd

"Yikes! HOA! Blech!". You're just jealous she's not your neighbor. She has binoculars too.... and a telescope in her family room. I swear she flies around on her broom stick pasting pink stickems to everyone's door while we sleep. I toy with a lot of ideas. Some I do.... some I don't. This all started because I couldn't have the raised garden bed I wanted since I couldn't get my hands on the lengths of lumber I wanted in the glass fused product. I got to looking around and reading about square foot gardening and well..... one thing led to another and I found out you could make chicken tractors to fit over raised beds and then I was given a backyard poultry magazine and figured if people were doing this on postage size lots.... I could do it on mine. So I'm going for it. My husband thinks I've lost it and first words out of his mouth were, "who feeds them when we're gone?" Think I could ask the broomstick lady? Just kidding.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:15 AM   #65
WG Operations, Facilitator

Equil-
You need check out the HenCam Coop.

The video cam runs during daylight hours and features Chickens, Lulu, Buffy, Betsy Ross, Coco, Petunia, Tina Turner and Siouxsie.

The chickens share their pen area with goats, Pip and Caper.

I watched this cam off & on throughout this past winter, and it made me smile everytime (Hey....we have really loooooong winters in the northwods.)

Tags
2010, 2010 goals, goals, list of goals, things to do, to do list