Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Miscellaneous Gardening Boards > Garden Art, Décor, and Crafts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2009, 01:52 PM   #1
WG Prize & Gift Coordinator

Default Show us your Junq'ue art !

I was looking in on another thread when the topic suddenly turned towards garden art. Bed frames,flamingos,Tires,and other oddities were being discussed. When someone mentioned how tacky the toilet planters were -I jumped in..." I have toilets in my yard." I announced proudly and continued on.... "Not only one but two!"
I led them on for a while and insisted my toilets didn't deserve the royal flush just yet. I needed to take some digital photos for them to see my beautifull partava potties. I stalled, telling them my intestines were churning looking for you know what..... the photos! I had fun playing with them building up their anticpation. I now present them to you............

- Lily Pew Shun-
I created by using a twisted drain pipe

- Calla plumber-
I created by using part of the bowl

NOW IT'S YOUR TURN
Show us your recycled junk!

I decided to flush myself out of that area
as I was overflowing with more Junq'ue art to post...
T.B.C.
Attached Thumbnails
Show us your Junq'ue art !-dscf3999.jpg   Show us your Junq'ue art !-dscf4001.jpg  

Last edited by havalotta; 04-15-2009 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Added photos
havalotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:22 PM   #2
Official Plant Nerd

Your toilets are not bad looking. I honestly wouldn't want them in my front yard but that is only because I am more traditional in my choices.

"Bed frames,flamingos,Tires,and other oddities were being discussed." I have something to submit in the oddities department.
Attached Thumbnails
Show us your Junq'ue art !-image0011.jpg  
Old 04-15-2009, 08:36 PM   #3
Too Wild To Garden

You two have cracked me up! Hava, not only have you made something much more beautuful than I expected, but those titles! hah!

Equil, holy cow! Rolling on the floor laughing! Is that a yard near you somewhere, or a picture from online?

Alas, I have nothing to share yet, aside from a tarp-covered pile of dirt and a couple of planters made from kitty-litter buckets. However, I did discover among the other trash left by the previous owners behing the shed a red bowling ball. I am trying to figure out what I can do with it in Gabe's Garden.
Stoloniferous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:37 PM   #4

Ooooooooo. And the lovely torch adds just the right touch for evening.
I'd like to see them push the couch ..........................out to the curb.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:45 PM   #5
Official Plant Nerd

Hey! Don't pick on how people use sofas. That one isn't in a landfill right now. That sofa was from an email but... there are people up north that have couches hanging from trees for tree swings.

We take our sofa out of our living room and put it in the back of our pick up truck to take the kids to watch fireworks every 4th of July. The sofa in the garage is too big. Since we started doing that other families have started. You can park the pick up sideways and pile in with blankets to watch the doings in Powers or Spalding from the comfort of your own sofa. Depends on where they are having the doings. Each year a different town does doings. Last year I think they were in Stephenson. Then we go to the doings in Iron Mountain. Our friends have an earth house. That is a bring your own seating doings too. Think of all the sofas that aren't in landfills getting a second life in garages for annual doings.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:22 PM   #6

Ya -they use them for bonfires too. I bet it's real comfy after it rains. I wonder if you could grow tomato plants in them. Better yet potatos! Just lift up the cushions and harvest.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:36 PM   #7
Official Plant Nerd

Why we would never use a good sofa for a bonfire or to grow potatoes. We have a collection of them in the garage. The mice love them. We find their nests in the cushions.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:48 PM   #8

For a bonfire- Not in it! Wondering how you had picked on Spaulding Powers and Stephenson. You look me up on a map? I forgot I had filled in my location. I have a swinger I made out of junk I'll go get it.............
Old 04-15-2009, 09:57 PM   #9
Official Plant Nerd

havalotta> I'm from there. I have family there. You must be from Menominee County too. That means you're a.... Youper. I'm a Youper you're a Youper we're Youpers. Ya hey dare.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:03 PM   #10

Are you sure you're all there? Sound like you might be swinging in the tree next.

Tags
antiques, art, arte, crative, creativity, decorations, garden art, garden decor, garden junk, junk, junque, recycle, recycling, show

« Got Scarecrow? | - »