Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Miscellaneous Gardening Boards > Garden Art, Décor, and Crafts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2009, 03:52 PM   #21
Too Wild To Garden

Too funny Hava! (And thanks about the tree!)
Stoloniferous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 08:30 PM   #22
WG Facilitator

I'm starting to think you might be stretching the truth, just a teensy bit. . . .
Old 04-17-2009, 04:43 AM   #23
Rock Star

havalotta,
What a wonderful thread. I love your creativity and objects d'art.

Speaking of toilets, great painting job on your toilets , what kind of paint did you use?
I can just see it now, the march of the painted toilet straight across my front garden. Boy would that tick off my neighbor who steals my plants. I like it, my own graffiti , guerilla art campaign.

As an aside I just happened to see a film yesterday set in Uruguay called "the pope's toilet". Definitely worth a viewing.
will-o-wisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 07:33 AM   #24
WG Prize & Gift Coordinator

Will-o-wisp -Thanks for the compliment! I used an acrylic paint and then applied a clear spray paint over that. I forgot them outside this winter and the paint did crackle. Too bad...... Any suggestions for better protection?

Soloniferous -Now you know what you can do with your bowling ball. Make a rat for yourself. Hey how about a fat cat to chase the rat that lived in the couch that equilibrium brought.

I have a nice Junq'ue bed I can add outside next to the couch for when company comes. They'd have a place to lay and watch the stars. Much better than cranking your head up to look from that couch. Besides the tree blocks the view unless it's still dormant yet. Anyone getting spring fever yet? I'm pushing the junq'ue bed your way soon.
havalotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 01:08 PM   #25

I guess I don't have a guest bed SORRY. I pulled up a chair, lit my pipe and set a spell to think a few things over.
Where to put the company?
I just remembered ..............I have a crib they can use!

Show us your Junq'ue art !-dscf4005.jpg

This one is titled SPRING FEVER

See what happens when you fall asleep in a chair smoking a pipe!
You get burnt.
And no I didn't fall asleep after I drank all of these! Someone set them on me while I was napping to take a funny picture as a joke.
They should have taken my pipe instead!

I'll go get that junq'ue crib next .
Old 04-17-2009, 09:59 PM   #26

No biggy but it is junk,pure trash!
I literally picked up 2 cribs off the curb a couple of years ago to keep the deer and rabbits out. It really does work as it is too small for the deer to leap into!
(I rotate crops with an area near my house.) I reassembled the cribs,added a swinging door,rabbit proofed along the base and built a raised bed ON TOP of the lifeless rifraf area by the bay. I add all the seaweed I want along with the brown trimmings from my yard to amend the soil.
Last year I added two higher areas for the beans and cukes to crawl up. Those will come down this year though. I think I tortured the neighbors long enough.

Behind this bed is a secret fort under the red twig dogwood. I have trimmed a tunnel underneath for the little ones to crawl into. I even added a flat rock near the base to sit on. Two people can fit inside believe it or not.

Show us your Junq'ue art !-dscf4011.jpg

There is a recycled wire bin from a store inside the crib area. It controls a compass plant from shading the veggies too much.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:03 PM   #27
WG Facilitator

In addition to having too much time on your hands, you have incredible ideas!
Old 04-17-2009, 10:10 PM   #28
WG Facilitator

You forgot to mention the duck crossing sign to the left. The rabbits will protest that you welcome ducks but exclude them.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:43 PM   #29

Thanks bigblueyes! Once I got on a roll making the junq'ue art I could'nt stop looking at trash isn't that terrible...........I think I'm cured now thank goodness........
So you're saying I'm a little slow like a turtle today not mentioning the duck crossing and all. Now you got my pressure building. This slow turtle will catch up with those rabbits. Stay tuned for tomorrows race!
Old 04-17-2009, 10:44 PM   #30
Official Plant Nerd

Your Road Dent is unique. You are going to be the trash to treasure queen.

Tags
antiques, art, arte, crative, creativity, decorations, garden art, garden decor, garden junk, junk, junque, recycle, recycling, show

« Got Scarecrow? | - »