Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Welcome To The Wildlife Gardeners Forum! > Forum Announcements

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2011, 12:02 AM   #31
Co-Administrator

christmastree

Just a reminder for all you early Christmas shoppers - making your Amazon purchases through a Wildlife Gardeners link to the Amazon website helps to support our website!

Amazon Shopping - Do it from Here and Support Wildlife Gardeners!

Cirsium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:36 PM   #32
Official Plant Nerd

Ohhh... I totally forgot about amazon giving a little kick back. I've got something I've been meaning to order plus a few books so I'm game.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:10 AM   #33
Co-Administrator

Bump.

Old 12-01-2011, 06:06 PM   #34
WG Operations, Facilitator

I've join Amazon Prime. Here are the details:

Quote:
Amazon Prime

Amazon Prime is a membership program that gives you and your family unlimited fast shipping, such as FREE Two-Day shipping and One-day shipping for $3.99 per item on all eligible purchases for an annual membership fee of $79. Amazon Prime members can enjoy instant videos: unlimited, commercial-free, instant streaming of thousands of movies and TV shows through Amazon Instant Video at no additional cost. Members who own Kindle devices can also choose from thousands of books -- including more than 100 current and former New York Times Bestsellers -- to borrow and read for free, as frequently as a book a month with no due dates, from the Kindle Owners' Lending Library. Eligible customers can try out a membership by starting a free trial.
I started my membership about a month ago after I calculated the cost of gas to go shopping to buy my regular monthly items. I live in the boonies, so it's not a quick trip either. And my aging body is having a tougher time hauling bags of dog food and boxes of kitty litter to the check out counter, to my car, and then to my house.

With Amazon prime the items are shipped directly to my home free. Just look for the little Amazon Prime logo that qualifies an item in the program. Or just search for items you need, then place a check mark in the refine search option on the left hand side of the page for Amazon Prime.

A bonus is the the free movies. Thousandes of movies are eligible under the Amazon Prime program. The movies stream directly to your PC.

I'm going to enter Amazon via the WildlifeGardeners link and place my first order for a few Amazon Prime items. Hopefully this qualifies for a kickback at WildlifeGardeners.

I'm also researching the Subscribe and Save option on Amazon. This lets you select items to be delivered each month.
Old 12-08-2011, 01:00 PM   #35
Grub

Going to do a little shopping on Amazon, so I'll bump this in case others were looking for it.
disuhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:06 PM   #36
The Bug Whisperer

O.K. - I give up. I've searched all over the WG site for a link to Amazon.com and absolutely cannot find one. Where is it hidden? I don't have any more time to waste on this now, so will leave now to attend to other chores...

Henry Ward Beecher
suunto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:07 PM   #37
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by suunto View Post
O.K. - I give up. I've searched all over the WG site for a link to Amazon.com and absolutely cannot find one. Where is it hidden? I don't have any more time to waste on this now, so will leave now to attend to other chores...
Sorry for the confusion. I've made some changes to Post #1 to try to clarify the affiliate program. I'm having some difficulty trying to cover all the details of this program and yet still make it easy for members to participate.

This link will take you to Amazon via WildlifeGardeners:
Amazon.com: Bringing Nature Home: How You Can Sustain Wildlife with Native Plants, Updated and Expanded (9780881929928): Rick Darke, Douglas W. Tallamy: Books

Post #1 in this thread explains the details.
Amazon Shopping - Do it from Here and Support Wildlife Gardeners!

Old 12-10-2011, 08:45 AM   #38
The Bug Whisperer

Thanks, Cirsium - I did look at post no. 1, but still was unable to locate/activate a link.

Henry Ward Beecher
suunto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:47 AM   #39
Co-Administrator

Bump

Old 03-02-2012, 01:43 AM   #40
Heron

wise owl Just put your mouse over the owl in the L.H corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by suunto View Post
Thanks, Cirsium - I did look at post no. 1, but still was unable to locate/activate a link.
Just right click your mouse over the owl in the upper left hand corner and it will take you to the home page where the first thread reads bringing nature home and follow the link to Amazon, Then merely go anywhere on Amazon from there...Or you can enter Amazon Shopping in the WG search 3rd over from the left..Just click over the search and a box opens and that takes you to book review too. Really any book on this site that has a link to Amazon will get you there.
Third year they leap; So plant some today
sprucetree is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon, amazon link, amazon.com, associates, books, buy, christmas shopping, donation, financial, gardeners, gifts, llc, program, services, shop, shopping, support, wildlife, wildlife gardeners