Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Welcome To The Wildlife Gardeners Forum! > Forum Announcements

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2012, 04:57 PM   #61
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient

havalotta,

Thanks for the tips on the frog photos...I envision even more white spaces, so I'll have to look into the easiest and best way to create what is in my head. Perhaps I will end up doing one for my neices and nephew...we'll see. If it works out and WG wants something similar, I'll know better what is involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by havalotta View Post
I liked Dapjwys idea VERY much. I don't want to burst your bubble but...a long long time ago and I do not even remember what it was for anymore..... I had submitted a wildlife gardeners logo embraced in a trees limbs ...I was sent a message that stated the logo can not be toyed with.
Thanks for the heads up (you are not the first to state this)...if there is a problem, I hope someone out there will let me know. ...and as I mentioned before, it is not meant to be the logo at all--if using the same font is an issue, that could be changed--however, if the font is a standard font and not created specifically for the logo, I don't really see it as a problem. Again, if it is, I'd like to know.
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
~ A Native Backyard Blog ~
dapjwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:49 PM   #62
WG's Mr. Tomato Head

This would be correct-
Quote:
Originally Posted by havalotta View Post
the logo can not be toyed with.
This was correct-
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapjwy View Post
The mocked-up T-shirt is more what I had in mind. The close-up is rough and should be minus the owl...but it shows the critters more clearly.
It isn't a problem-
Quote:
it is not meant to be the logo at all--if using the same font is an issue, that could be changed--however, if the font is a standard font and not created specifically for the logo, I don't really see it as a problem. Again, if it is, I'd like to know.
"If gardening isn't a pleasure for you, chances are the work will merely give you a rotten disposition. If you'd rather be golfing or fishing, get a bumper sticker that says so, and forget gardening."
Elsa Bakalar
WG Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:54 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by WG Admin View Post
This would be correct-

This was correct-

It isn't a problem-
Thanks for clearing that up.

...at least I think it is more clear now.
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
Old 12-12-2012, 10:10 AM   #64
WG Fundraising Coordinator

Hi all!

Hava - I have a list, thank you, for all the 2012 winners so far, you were a winner in May so I need your input on that.

It looks like I'll be handling the calendar and it seems dap has taken on the t-shirt job so that helps a lot. POM winners prizes can be coordinated through you hava if that's OK. PM me if you need help.

I've sent PMs (except hava) to all the contest winners and all have agreed to use their photos for the calendar (YAY!!!) Vistaprint looks to be the best deal and service, you can either burn an original copy of your photo and send it to me at full size or Vistaprint also supports Facebook, Flickr and Picasa. I don't use any of these photo services so I don't know their size restrictions but the larger the better.

Here's their website for more info:
http://www.vistaprint.com/photo-calendars.aspx?pfid=389&txi=15017&xnid=ContextualL eftNav_Wall+Calendars+(linked+item)_Calendars_All+ Products&xnav=ContextualLeftNav

You can just send me your digital copy (jpeg) and I can convert to a .psd or .pdf in Photoshop for you. If you are a Photoshop whiz (dap???) you can mess around on your own, whatever you are comfortable with. If you don't have a burner on your computer you can take your camera's memory card to Walgreens or a similar place to have it done.

Specs for those who want to adjust their own photos is here:
http://www.vistaprint.com/vp/ns/prop...?selectedTab=0

I'll check back with everyone soon!

-linrose
linrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:13 PM   #65
WG Prize & Gift Coordinator

Quote:
Hava - I have a list, for all the 2012 winners so far, you were a winner in May so I need your input on that.
And also in "November" You have my permission to use both!

Quote:
POM winners prizes can be coordinated through you hava if that's OK. PM me if you need help.
It is my understanding that I am to select a prize of my choice from wherever I choose and it is then up to you-Linrose to ship me the dollar amount needed to cover both the prize and its shipping charge.

A walk among the elusive Whitetail Deer
havalotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:05 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by linrose View Post
It looks like I'll be handling the calendar and it seems dap has taken on the t-shirt job so that helps a lot.
Linrose,

I'm glad that the calendar seems to be coming together well. I'll look into the links and figure out how to get the photos to you. You might want to bump this thread back up to the top, because I don't have the mental energy to look into it now.

...I just wanted to point out that I was going to come up with a *potential* T-shirt design or two...but I thought others were going to try some too...then the membership decide which to use---hmmm, with today's technology, I wonder if people can just put in an order for any design they choose. I'm not sure who else will submit their design, but I thought you mentioned having an interest/background in graphic design.

Aside from submitting a design or two, I didn't think I took on the job!
Old 12-12-2012, 06:10 PM   #67
POM Judge & Official Non Gardener

Quote:
Aside from submitting a design or two, I didn't think I took on the job!

You raised your hand, dap!
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:21 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post

You raised your hand, dap!
LOL! Good one, Sage.

...but I think someone "volunteered" me. Planning things like that is definitely not one of my strengths.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:39 PM   #69
Unicellular Fungi

How wonderful seeing such a flurry of activity. I know I have said this before, however, thank you, each and every one of you.

The forums have been running smoothly for the previous 12 months and our bills are paid. Having no outstanding debt is truly an accomplishment. I want each of you to know Wildlife Gardeners is doing well enough for such a small community that we were afforded the chance to pursue more of our goals. Adding to our management team was the start of good things to come.

Wildlife Gardeners is blessed to have Biigblueyes, Dapjwy, Linrose and Havalotta. They are new to their positions and we are new to having them in these positions, therefore, we ask for everyone’s patience while we sort through the responsibilities of each new position.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:00 PM   #70
Fox

Thumbs up

Huzzah!
benj1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
announce, announcement, calendar, caps, fund, logo, manage, management, motto, print, printing, raising, sell, selling, t-shirts, team