Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Welcome To The Wildlife Gardeners Forum! > Forum Announcements

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2013, 06:24 PM   #91
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapjwy View Post
Oops! I forgot to PM you. I guess that is what I'd've found out if I did. Okay...I will look for it. I hope I can find the original...apparently what I sent wasn't it.
Okay, linrose, the photo should now be in your inbox. Lookit that! I didn't even procrastinate a full hour before sending it out!

I'm really hoping that is one you can use...if not, please let me know.
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
~ A Native Backyard Blog ~
dapjwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:27 AM   #92
Official Plant Nerd

linrose> "NEWisc and jpdenk and equil, I need your full names for crediting your photos. That should about do it for now." Sorry about that.... missed this buried back here.... just go with Equilibrium from www.wildlifegardeners.org if you're adding anything to the photo!!! I keep telling everyone I'm a point and click photographer so it's not like I'm worried about not getting credit!!!!
Old 03-02-2013, 10:53 AM   #93
WG Fundraising Coordinator

Calendar update!

It's off to the press and now available. Once I get volume pricing I'll let you know what they will cost. I ordered two to be sent to me first to check quality. This is a March 2013 through February 2014 calendar given how long this process took! If you want to pre-order, PM me with your address and I'll send one off to you as soon as I get them. It should take about a week for me to get them plus the 3-4 days to get them to you. You have a choice of regular paper stock or premium glossy card stock which adds about $5 to the price. They are always e-mailing me specials on shipping, extras, etc so that will be variable.

Whew, this has been a project but a very gratifying one and I think (hope!) the results will be amazing! I'm so impressed with the photography on this forum and it's great to see it displayed in this way.

Now about t-shirts . . . hmmm . . . maybe I'll wait a bit on that one
linrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:42 PM   #94
WG Prize & Gift Coordinator

YEY!
Quote:
This is a March 2013 through February 2014 calendar
It still includes all 12...Dapjwys January and NeWisc's February's entries does it not?
Quote:
Now about t-shirts . . . hmmm . . . maybe I'll wait a bit on that one
Perhaps this link would help? T-Shirts - Custom T-Shirts - Shirt Screen Printers - Design Online at CustomInk

Then again I noticed anothers other seems to know how. http://www.wildlifegardeners.org/for...-birthday.html Braiiiiiiins to pick???

A walk among the elusive Whitetail Deer
havalotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:58 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by havalotta View Post
YEY!

It still includes all 12...Dapjwys January and NeWisc's February's entries does it not?
I wasn't able to find the original of my January entry, so it has been switched out (the quality was not good enough), but as far as I know, NEWisc's now will grace February of 2014 (the last page of the calendar...I'm guessing).

[quote=havalotta;129244]
Perhaps this link would help? T-Shirts - Custom T-Shirts - Shirt Screen Printers - Design Online at CustomInk

QUOTE]

Thanks, I opened your link, but will have to play around with it another time.

Quote:

Then again I noticed anothers other seems to know how. http://www.wildlifegardeners.org/forum/butterflies-moths-hummingbirds/11393-got-new-shirt-my-birthday.html Braiiiiiiins to pick???
Oh no! Now you've done it...you might just get your "Little Miss Trouble" avatar swapped out after all!

(I'm still waiting for an answer over in that thread.)
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
Old 03-05-2013, 08:23 PM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapjwy View Post
I wasn't able to find the original of my January entry, so it has been switched out (the quality was not good enough), but as far as I know, NEWisc's now will grace February of 2014 (the last page of the calendar...I'm guessing).
Nooooo It just HAS to include yours AND NeWiscs.... blurry or not. It is, what it is.
It would be weird receiving a calendar that started in March. If they've been omitted......
Management team announcement-dapjwy-january-2012-p.o.m.-dsc06405-crop-4dap-jan.jpg
Is this one any different? Usable? Copy over any better?

Old 03-05-2013, 08:29 PM   #97

Quote:
Nooooo It just HAS to include yours AND NeWiscs.... blurry or not. It is, what it is.
It would be weird receiving a calendar that started in March. If they've been omitted......
Attachment 35326
Is this one any different? Usable? Copy over any better?
As far as I know his is in but mine will be out...sorry "it is what it is" (I hate that expression, but I guess it seems to fit.)

If saving it from the site was an option, I'd have done that...as far as I know I don't have a larger version than what I sent in to linrose--I suspect I cropped it a good bit, and the quality wasn't good enough. We have to trust linrose's judgement on this--she knows what that quality should look like to match the rest. We PM'd and I'm okay with her decision.

...but it was nice to see the little fluff ball again. Thanks for reposting it.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:47 AM   #98

Quote:
We have to trust linrose's judgement on this--she knows what that quality should look like to match the rest. We PM'd and I'm okay with her decision.
That's good.... I'm glad to hear a mutual decision was made. I was just worrying about your feelings but now understand.

THANK YU LINRSE:
For all your hard work and time spent in the learning curve!
To have something in hand as the result of your challenge is something I'll treasure.

Old 03-06-2013, 04:22 PM   #99
WG Fundraising Coordinator

Thanks guys for understanding. I really love dap's goldfinch photo but it was rejected by the printer, not me. Dap and I really worked on this one to get it up close to 300 ppi but it was not to be. NEWisc's Feb photo is still in and will be represented in Feb '14. Yes it still is a 12 month calendar, it just starts in March instead of January, yeah a bit weird but we really wanted to get this out to inspire next years POM entries and subsequent calendar. Just a note to future POM contributors, save the original photo, label it and keep it in a handy folder!!! It makes it much easier to get it printed later on.

Oh, and hey, about t-shirts, I'm ready to field any and all suggestions here. And if anyone wants to take the reins on that project, let me know! I'll be travelling and gone the end of March to take care of my 92 year old Mom who's having surgery. I do have some other ideas on raffles, hava, I'll PM you about that, and thanks for the kudos. I really appreciate it.
linrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:59 PM   #100

Quote:
That's good.... I'm glad to hear a mutual decision was made. I was just worrying about your feelings but now understand.

For all your hard work and time spent in the learning curve!
To have something in hand as the result of your challenge is something I'll treasure.
havalotta,

Thank you so much for your concern. You are sweet.

Don't forget, I have two other photos in the calendar (that still shocks me!).

I have a feeling that I may have lost some of my earlier pictures (at least the originals) from last year and the year before...I hope not. It is possible that we transferred them to an external hard drive. I'll have to check (or, more likely ask Jeff to help me look).

Quote:
THANK YU LINRSE...the result of your challenge is something I'll treasure.
Yes, thanks, linrose.

Cute...I like your capping O's.

Tags
announce, announcement, calendar, caps, fund, logo, manage, management, motto, print, printing, raising, sell, selling, t-shirts, team