Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Reduce That Ecological Footprint > Education For

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2012, 03:04 PM   #31
WG Prize & Gift Coordinator

But he also shares the same interest....It makes a world of difference.

A walk among the elusive Whitetail Deer
havalotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:39 PM   #32
Official Plant Nerd

My husband isn't into plants... he's getting better though since he likes the looks of some of what I've planted and he liked that pasta sauce I made from tomatoes I'd grown myself. I'd say that's what it came down to when mine pitched my box. He pitched it before I started creating curb appeal for him. He looked in it and saw faded tags and old receipts and figured they went to plants I'd already bought and paid for that were in the ground and determined the box was "wasting" space he could use. I think it does make a world of difference if they share a similar interest.... no way would any gardener have pitched that box. I felt like running around the house and pitching all his car part receipts.... I mean... it's not like I'm a grease monkey. Him pitching that box is something we don't talk about. Just thinking about him making the "call" that it was worthless without asking me riles me. It's like I said to him.... sometimes I'm sorry isn't enough. FWIW.... he doesn't throw ANYTHING of mine out anymore so maybe if you make a big stink about it.... yours won't throw anything of yours out ever again>>>?
Old 07-30-2012, 04:02 PM   #33
POM Judge & Official Non Gardener

We do share the interests of photography, birds, ducks, PEREGRINES, plus he like to drive and I don't, so that works out well for our almost daily photoshoots. But he came from his previous life, married to a hoarder type, where no one ever knew where anything was, to co-exist with me, who when asked where is the ______?, i would tell him the exact drawer, which side, etc., even where in the basement it would be.
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:16 PM   #34

YEY>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I found the missing goods!

Old 09-18-2012, 04:34 PM   #35

Oh, I'm so glad! Where were they?

Roger spent much of today looking for a receipt for his long lens which doesn't work now, 2 mos after the guarantee expired. I asked him if he didn't have a system of some kind, like my receipts would be stapled to the guarantee booklet, or even possibly in the box the item came in if I were saving it. He said he just stuffs it in a basket.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:37 PM   #36
WG Fundraising Coordinator

Happy day hava!Now get out there and shoot some pix!!!
linrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:40 PM   #37
WG Fundraising Coordinator

BTW, Sage, could you come over here and organize my life? I couldn't find a receipt if my life depended on it.
linrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:59 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by linrose View Post
BTW, Sage, could you come over here and organize my life? I couldn't find a receipt if my life depended on it.
If something is guaranteed, staple the receipt to the paper and drop it in a file folder marked "Guarantees".
I also have foders for "Condo" which hold stuff like sinks, appliances, etc., which are part of the condo, and another folder for "Cameras", which apparently Roger didn't take advantage of.
Boxes for small electronic items which may someday need to get returned or sold on ebay are stacked on the top shelf of my linen closet, while boxes for the larger items like TVs are in the basement. Only takes a minute and saves so much time later. But that's just me. I really couldn't function if I didn't know where my stuff was!
Old 09-18-2012, 05:11 PM   #39
Curious George & UAOKA recipient

back on the original topic, I was looking at reviews for cameras since I am in the market for one. The reviews of the FZ150 and the new version, the FZ200 talk about graininess at higher magnifications in the jpeg files and needing to do RAW files if you use the zoom a lot or crop your images. Since I do both, I would like your opinion.

Turttle's pollinator garden
turttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:26 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
Oh, I'm so glad! Where were they?

Roger spent much of today looking for a receipt for his long lens which doesn't work now, 2 mos after the guarantee expired. I
In Hubbies car along with the rest of the things-Returns that got stuffed in there just before the garden tour of my place took place.
Hope Roger finds his soon. No fun wasting time searching for things. My stuff is usually kept right in the box, on top of a liqueur-food cart for quick use. My camera, my phone, the chips, batteries, chargers, cables etc etc.

I must have been looking at it and left it on the table with his things, then buried with mail and scooped away. Sure glad he found my goods.

Tags
camera, education, fz150, learn, learning, model, panasonic, photograph, photographer, photography, photos, pictures, settings, taking pictures