Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Wildlife Gardeners of North America Unite > Birds Including Raptors & Hummers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2009, 06:21 PM   #1
Heron

Default Bird Sayings.

I gathered all the bird sayings that I could and put them nto a story. Have a look and see how many bird sayings you can find.

They said don't put all your eggs in one basket as I tried to watch the Birdie while looking at a bird in the hand but wishing for the two in the bush you knew that with a good throw you could kill two Birds with one stone but not to worry as birds of a feather flock together and as most donít fly by night they would be there tomorrow. Although there may be a few lucky ducks that have flown the coup and got away, so don't count your chickens before they have hatched. You may have to be satisfied with a bunch of lame ducks, and donít mention that the birds have flown, but then again the early bird catches the worm. So keep your pecker up and get up with the birds, but donít go out naked as a jaybird or people will just think youíre as silly as a goose, or a bit of a bird brain and this may hang around youíre neck like an Albatross for a very long time. It could even be your swan song. But if you are up with the larks you could end up with something to crow about and be able to walk around as proud as a Peacock, and if you can throw a few stones you could have a chicken in every pot, also, if the birds are young like a spring chicken, (as they are scarcer than hen's teeth.) every one would say heís as wise as an owl and he knows how to feather his own nest. They wonít be saying things like ďheís CuckooĒ or that he runs around like a chicken with its head cut off. So donít be a stool pigeon, keep your secret but don't stick your head in the sand like an Ostrich, come up with some story so you donít have to eat crow. Let them know that now you donít have to eat like a bird, and youíre not bothered if you eat the only bird in a gilded cage, or you donít know which came first, the chicken or the egg. Tell them you donít give a hoot about the ĎWhy did the chicken Cross the Roadí thing, that's for the birds. They may say you are as silly as a loon. But you know as the crow flies it sees everything as it has a bird's eye view, and it sees that Iím not as bald as a coot. So there.
Kildale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:09 PM   #2
Fox

Definitely more than a gaggle, perhaps even more than a mob...
benj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 12:28 AM   #3
Heron

Yes there are quite a few. You haven't tried a count then?
Old 12-01-2009, 12:47 AM   #4
Official Plant Nerd

They said don't put all your eggs in one basket as I tried to watch the Birdie while looking at a bird in the hand but wishing for the two in the bush you knew that with a good throw you could kill two Birds with one stone but not to worry as birds of a feather flock together and as most donít fly by night they would be there tomorrow. Although there may be a few lucky ducks that have flown the coup and got away, so don't count your chickens before they have hatched. You may have to be satisfied with a bunch of lame ducks, and donít mention that the birds have flown, but then again the early bird catches the worm. So keep your pecker up and get up with the birds, but donít go out naked as a jaybird or people will just think youíre as silly as a goose, or a bit of a bird brain and this may hang around youíre neck like an Albatross for a very long time. It could even be your swan song. But if you are up with the larks you could end up with something to crow about and be able to walk around as proud as a Peacock, and if you can throw a few stones you could have a chicken in every pot, also, if the birds are young like a spring chicken, (as they are scarcer than hen's teeth.) every one would say heís as wise as an owl and he knows how to feather his own nest. They wonít be saying things like ďheís CuckooĒ or that he runs around like a chicken with its head cut off. So donít be a stool pigeon, keep your secret but don't stick your head in the sand like an Ostrich, come up with some story so you donít have to eat crow. Let them know that now you donít have to eat like a bird, and youíre not bothered if you eat the only bird in a gilded cage, or you donít know which came first, the chicken or the egg. Tell them you donít give a hoot about the ĎWhy did the chicken Cross the Roadí thing, that's for the birds. They may say you are as silly as a loon. But you know as the crow flies it sees everything as it has a bird's eye view, and it sees that Iím not as bald as a coot. So there.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:52 AM   #5
Heron

Well done, I'm glad people are enjoying my bit of fun.
Old 12-01-2009, 03:59 AM   #6
Official Plant Nerd

It was fun. That would be good to pass out to children as an opening activity to find and underline the sayings. The child who finds the most could lead the hike. I'm not a birder but I have friends that are. I'll pass this on for sure. Somebody will see the potential to use in a small group taking a bird walk.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:09 PM   #7
Heron

You are right, I put my name in Google every so often and found that someone had found it on my web site and posted it in a forum. Bye the way, I don't mind, I think its great when people use my stuff. Quite a lot ask to use images also, and that's OK too.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:07 PM   #8
WG Prize & Gift Coordinator

That must have taken you quite a while to compose. I do a bit of wordplay myself. It's fun...... Glad to view anothers work. Errr playings.

A walk among the elusive Whitetail Deer
havalotta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bird, bird expressions, bird sayings, fun, funny, humor, sayings