Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Wildlife Gardeners of North America Unite > Birds Including Raptors & Hummers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2013, 06:23 PM   #1
WG Staff

Default American egret causes mayhem in the garden, on land and sea

American egret causes mayhem in the garden, on land and sea
Mariana Greene
The Dallas Morning News
Published: 06 March 2013 08:24 PM

American egret causes mayhem in the garden, on land and sea | Dallasnews.com - News for Dallas, Texas - The Dallas Morning News
Excerpt from above:
Quote:
Really, how many misfortunes can one gardener be expected to endure? Am I a modern-day Job, not of Uz but of Old East Dallas? I even picture myself like the painter Léon Bonnat depicted him in 1880, except without the beard. The wrinkles, sagging skin and beseeching expression are the spitting image of how I felt, crumpled on the sharp granite path, in my pink nightgown.

The city chickens just would not shut up one recent morning. It was not the aggravating, repetitive measure of a hen announcing to the world she had just laid an egg. It was a cacophony of rusty squawks from multiple birds, and I finally looked out my bedroom window to see what in the world was the matter.

Spotting it instantly, I launched myself from my sickbed and clattered down the stairs, through the house and out to the backyard, barefoot. But
Old 03-07-2013, 08:27 PM   #2
POM Judge & Official Non Gardener

Duh... The Egrets are beautiful wild birds and of course need to eat and feed their young, while the author had koi, trapped in her pond and an easy target for real wildlife. And then she planned to string wires to ensnare the birds??? Really? How much dumber can she get?
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:48 PM   #3
Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
Duh... The Egrets are beautiful wild birds and of course need to eat and feed their young, while the author had koi, trapped in her pond and an easy target for real wildlife. And then she planned to string wires to ensnare the birds??? Really? How much dumber can she get?
Yes, I understand, but how do you really feel about it??
I will age, but I refuse to get old.
NEWisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:05 PM   #4
Official Plant Nerd

Oh HORRORS… mayhem in her garden….all her little non native gold fishies were gobbled up out of her artificial pond by a big bad rotten to the core thieving egret trying to feed its young!!! Too funny IMO!!!! We fill in wetlands at an unprecedented rate and people like this woman get their titties in an uproar over a bird snitching a few Goldies and actually post it online looking for sympathy>>>>?
--
Stay tuned for this dingbat’s update of the “flush-funeral” she just had to perform for the lifeless 8-inch fish she found left behind by the egret she chased off.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:10 PM   #5
POM Judge & Official Non Gardener

Hey! Maybe "Staff" was just trying to rile us up for some fun!!!
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
american, egret, garden, land, mayhem, sea