View Single Post
Old 10-02-2009, 03:16 PM   #1
BooBooBearBecky
WG Operations, Facilitator

Default Steps to Insert a LINK /URL (Hyperlink) in a Post

Steps to Insert a LINK/URL (Hyperlink) in a Post

• Create a post. Type the text in your post.
Steps to Insert a LINK /URL (Hyperlink) in a Post-create-link-step-1.jpg (click on me to make me bigger)
  • Select a word or multiple words to represent your link. Select text by dragging your mouse over a word or multiple words.
Steps to Insert a LINK /URL (Hyperlink) in a Post-create-link-step-2.jpg (click on me to make me bigger)
  • In a new browser tab or window, copy the URL/Link you want to direct members to when they click on your Link. To selct a link, highlight the link by dragging over it or clicking on it with your mouse.
  • Now copy the link using any of the following methods:
Right click and select Copy
or press Ctrl-C on your keyboard
or click on the Copy icon on the browser toolbar
or Click on the Edit Menu and select Copy
Steps to Insert a LINK /URL (Hyperlink) in a Post-create-link-step-3.jpg (click on me to make me bigger)
  • To create the LINK, click on the LINK tool in the Wildlife Gardeners message composition toolbar.
Steps to Insert a LINK /URL (Hyperlink) in a Post-create-link-step-4.jpg (click on me to make me bigger)
  • A pop-up window will appear with a place to paste your URL/LINK.
Steps to Insert a LINK /URL (Hyperlink) in a Post-create-link-step-5.jpg (click on me to make me bigger)
  • Paste the LINK/URL using any of the following methods:
Right click and select Paste
or press Ctrl-V on your keyboard
or click on the Paste icon on the browser toolbar
or Click on the Edit Menu and select Paste
  • Click on OK. Congratulations! Your LINK is now created!
  • Save/Post your message and double check your link. Click on the link you just created, and make sure the LINK directs you where you want to go or what you want to link to.
EXAMPLE
Check out my Barred Owl Photos here.