View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009, 10:02 AM   #4
Gloria
A Bee's Best Friend

Equilibrium, since this is the first year for the project they just ran out of plants. Several people would have taken many more if needed but the response was incredible.

Since this is an ongoing project next year there will be many more plants available. I hope you try again then.
As for the plan everyone that received plants will keep in touch with the coordinators via email. The plants are ours to keep but the seeds will be harvested and returned to the project. Hopefully by the end of 2010 we will begin to see some plants producing enough seed to collect.
This is a long term project but we can opt out anytime. I would hope most people make it through the first seed harvest.

Lorax, I agree the plants are beautiful, but there was a time in the not so distant past that we (the Mr and I)were removing bedstraw and hawkweed from the gardens without even knowing which were native. We have learned to appreciate a whole new aesthetic. The book 'One Straw Revolution' and Masanobu Fukuoka, are largely responsible for the mind set that put our education and change of perspective in motion.
Gloria is offline   Reply With Quote