View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 07:11 PM   #9
Equilibrium
Official Plant Nerd

Sage> "Lib, are you on dial up?" Lately I am a lot. We bought hi-speed back about 5 or 6 years ago and we've had nothing but trouble with it ever since. There's only 1 ball game in town because our houses are too far apart for other providers to come in and because we've only got 1 option if we want hi-speed.... we're not exactly high on their list when there's outages. The other problem is we're in a strange area where we've got basically 2 seasons.... construction and winter. Every time they knock out our hi-speed repairing a road or whatever.... the only way to get online is to go back to dial up. Our land line almost always works!!!
--
At least I've got hi-speed most of the time. I know a lot of the folk here don't have it at all. About the best they can get is Hughes Net and I've used that before and it's barely a step up from dial up. It is faster than dial up.... just not fast enough to warrant the extra $$$ when you live in a rural area that doesn't have cable.