View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 12:44 PM   #4
recurve
Heron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
Really nice video. I was actually surprised learning our estimate was 7% higher than last year’s. Here’s a link, Home | Flyways.us. I was sorta discouraged reading this though, “The latest Migratory Bird Hunting Activity and Harvest Report has been released, reporting that over 14.7 million ducks were harvested in the United States in 2010, with an increase to 15.8 million ducks harvested in 2011. The number of harvested geese was over 3.1 million nationally in 2010, decreasing somewhat to over 2.8 million geese in 2011.” We could really use some Canada Goose relief.
The problem with resident Canada geese is not a lot of guys hunt them because 1. they tend to hang around with in city limits where hunting legally is a problem and 2. they eat grass all the time and taste like C
There is also a problem with a population explosion of snow geese that are destroying tundra nesting grounds and pushing out the migratory subspecies of Canada geese cause their populations to decline. Since it's virtually impossible to tell the difference between the different subspecies of Canada geese Federal lawmakers have to take into account the population size of the more vulnerable subspecies when setting season dates and bag limits for them. Around here the local munis and the division of wildlife do a pretty good job with addling permits and goose roundups. and the geese that are rounded up and Ahem released from their mortal coil are sent off the food pantrys to feed hungry families you may want to talk to your local municipalities about trying a program like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biigblueyes View Post
Send 'em down South - we'll take care of 'em for you! We rarely see those down here.
You don't want them trust me plus you guys get just about everything else down there we fatten up here and send them to you
recurve is offline   Reply With Quote