Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Welcome To The Wildlife Gardeners Forum! > Photo of the Month > Wildlife Photo Tips

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2010, 10:51 PM   #1
Official Plant Nerd

Default Photo Ops... not exactly

Photos from an e-mail that got me thinking... This one had the title of
Can you SSEEEEEEE ME NOW???. I like to take photos like everybody else but.... wouldn't you be giving up your photo op to get up higher in the tree or jumping to run the other direction??
Attached Thumbnails
Photo Ops... not exactly-fwdthing11.jpg  
Old 03-19-2010, 10:58 PM   #2
Official Plant Nerd

This first one they captioned Snacks on Boards... catch the plural. Does this mean the photographer was taking photos from another surf board as in... the great white could get to have two human sea turtle snacks? The second one is captioned Letís have another beer in honor of the Wave God. I was young and really dumb once but... what about the person taking this photo??? Do these people like want to drown all to get a lousy photo?
Attached Thumbnails
Photo Ops... not exactly-fwdthing10.jpg   Photo Ops... not exactly-fwdthing7.jpg  
Old 03-19-2010, 11:12 PM   #3
Official Plant Nerd

Yep. Looks just like the one in the picture, I'm all for taking field guides out with me to identify plants and all but this is kinda looking like the predator is gonna become prey and instead of standing around to photograph this I would have dropped the camera and run the other direction. Diving into that little pup tent wouldn't have been an option. Next one is captioned Wow Bob, I donít think THATíS going to fit in the boat! This one is flat out bad luck for Bob and company and good luck for the photographer. You can go whale watching for hours and hours on end and come home with nothing but a tail fin if you're lucky and this photographer ends up with a 3/4 breach...
Attached Thumbnails
Photo Ops... not exactly-fwdthing9.jpg   Photo Ops... not exactly-fwdthing6.jpg  
Old 03-19-2010, 11:15 PM   #4
Official Plant Nerd

Last one is DID someone say BEAR???!!!. I see the wrist action of the guy trying to get the door down. This one I might have tried to get a photo of but... maybe not.
Attached Thumbnails
Photo Ops... not exactly-fwdthing1.jpg  
Old 03-20-2010, 11:59 AM   #5
WG Operations, Facilitator

paw print Extreme Photography

Gee, I wonder who's feet these are

Photo Ops... not exactly-bear-feet.jpg

Photo Ops... not exactly-img_0433.jpg

Photo Ops... not exactly-img_0435.jpg

Photo Ops... not exactly-img_0438.jpg
Old 03-20-2010, 02:04 PM   #6
WG Prize & Gift Coordinator

Oh.... But how can you not trust such an innocent face as that....

A walk among the elusive Whitetail Deer
havalotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 12:50 PM   #7
Official Plant Nerd

Your feet!!!.... maybe your hand raised orphans would be ok to be in striking distance of as adults but that first one had BIG TEETH.... very BIG TEETH and the guy was treed and taking photos??? Call me spineless.... that don't look like no hand raised orphan behavior. Great photo though!!!

Tags
crazy photography, extreme photography, ops, photo, photo ops, risky, risky photos ops