Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Welcome To The Wildlife Gardeners Forum! > Photo of the Month > Wildlife Photo Tips

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2012, 03:53 PM   #1
Heron

Default Best tip EVER!

DON'T FORGET YOUR CAMERA AT HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I went over to a local wetland today to see what I could see when I got there I realized I had left my camera next to my computer at home. It was very dry because of the drought but I found a pool that was chalk full of big bullfrogs and turtles and one bullfrog that was trying to choke down a 4" bluegill missed photo op #1. Then I look over and what do I see a YELLOW RAIL!!!!!! For crying out loud the first time I've ever even seen one of those elusive little buggers and no camera missed photo #2. Then I went over to a spot with 3 huge old swamp white oaks standing out in a what should be wet meadow and there was a red shouldered hawk just posing so pretty for about 15 minutes within 20 feet of me . Anyway that's my photo tip though I'm sure we all have had a similar experience at one point just wanted to vent.
recurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:59 PM   #2
POM Judge & Official Non Gardener

If we get in the car, you better believe the cameras do too! Every day! Roger actually did forget his the other day, but luckily I had an extra or we would have come back for his!
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 04:00 PM   #3

OMG! I was afrraid of that crazy avatar changer finding me!!!
Old 08-24-2012, 04:08 PM   #4
Heron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
OMG! I was afrraid of that crazy avatar changer finding me!!!
Looks like it got me too
Old 08-24-2012, 05:33 PM   #5
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient

Good tip...sorry you missed some great shots, but at least you WITNESSED them and were able to share it with us.

I will add to the tip: make sure you don't leave your memory card in the computer. I've walked out to the second acre (luckily not farther than that...yet) only to find I had no memory card in the camera.
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
~ A Native Backyard Blog ~
dapjwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:34 PM   #6

Yikes...what's up with the avatars?

I think someone "up there--er, out there" is getting bored and just having some fun...but I am trying to figure out how I got mine--the why behind it, ya know?
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
Old 08-24-2012, 06:04 PM   #7
Heron

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapjwy View Post
Yikes...what's up with the avatars?

I think someone "up there--er, out there" is getting bored and just having some fun...but I am trying to figure out how I got mine--the why behind it, ya know?
I just want to know how they got into my personal photos?
Old 08-24-2012, 06:14 PM   #8

dap, this is not foolproof, but it helps - when I get home, chip goes to laptop, battery in charger next to laptop. Here is the important part: CAMERA IS ON HALL TABLE WHERE WE PACK THE BAGS EVERY DAY WITH BATTERY/CHIP DOOR OPEN! when I pick up that camera and the little door is still open, I know to go get the chip and battery.

Right now, chip and battery are next to me and I should go put them back in camera and format the chip.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:15 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by recurve View Post
I just want to know how they got into my personal photos?
Hmmm....so that is what you really look like!
Old 08-24-2012, 07:17 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
dap, this is not foolproof, but it helps - ...when I pick up that camera and the little door is still open, I know to go get the chip and battery.
Great tip, Sage. I think I've tried the chip door open once or twice...now I just have to make it a habit. Thanks.

Tags
tip