Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Welcome To The Wildlife Gardeners Forum! > Photo of the Month > Wildlife Photo Tips

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2012, 07:19 PM   #11
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient

Hey! It is dark already! It's only 8:18! (Here on the East Coast anyway.)

I was just out working in the yard, tackling the mugwort that has run amuck! I know I'm off topic but I hate to see the summer slipping away!
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
~ A Native Backyard Blog ~
dapjwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 07:27 PM   #12
Heron

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapjwy View Post
Hmmm....so that is what you really look like!
The facial expression and wearing goofy stuff on my head could have been me at any point between 1997 and 2008 but no it's not really me
recurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 07:32 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by recurve View Post
The facial expression and wearing goofy stuff on my head could have been me at any point between 1997 and 2008 but no it's not really me
~smile~ I knew you were joking...but I have to wonder, is that a tin-foil hat you are wearing or what?
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
Old 08-24-2012, 07:37 PM   #14
Heron

Quote:
~smile~ I knew you were joking...but I have to wonder, is that a tin-foil hat you are wearing or what?
I'm not sure what it is I wish I could figure out how to blow it up a bit so I could see exactly what's going on. It looks like maybe a colander or pot of some kind?
Old 08-24-2012, 07:42 PM   #15

Quote:
I'm not sure what it is I wish I could figure out how to blow it up a bit so I could see exactly what's going on. It looks like maybe a colander or pot of some kind?
I thought the same...but it also reminds me of some kind of viking helmet...or Thor-like helmet.

I'm still trying to figure out why that particular picture was picked for me...but I have to wonder about yours as well.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:45 PM   #16
Heron

Quote:
I thought the same...but it also reminds me of some kind of viking helmet...or Thor-like helmet.

I'm still trying to figure out why that particular picture was picked for me...but I have to wonder about yours as well.
Maybe some kind of viking type homemade alien transmission blocking helmet.

When I read your post in the other thread about your avatar not being a big chicken but a man with a large ROOSTER..... I about fell out of my chair laughing
Old 08-24-2012, 08:01 PM   #17

Quote:
Maybe some kind of viking type homemade alien transmission blocking helmet.
Exactly. My thoughts exactly...except it could be any thought-controling transmissions.

Quote:
When I read your post in the other thread about your avatar not being a big chicken but a man with a large ROOSTER..... I about fell out of my chair laughing
I couldn't help myself.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:15 PM   #18
Fox

I (semi-jokingly) tell people that if I want to be sure of seeing wildlife, I leave my camera at home.

And I am (thankfully) still a turtle. http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/turtles.png
Old 08-24-2012, 10:39 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulucanagria View Post
I (semi-jokingly) tell people that if I want to be sure of seeing wildlife, I leave my camera at home.
I've actually done that...sort of. Sometimes I don't feel like going in for the camera...and I just walk the yard knowing I could have an encounter with no way to record it--and it is (pretty much) okay with me. I have actually had a camera in hand and still missed an encounter--a turkey that I surprised (and it surprised me) as I was turning a bend in my path. It took flight and got out of range before I got the camera up and focused.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:24 PM   #20
Fox

Quote:
I've actually done that...sort of. Sometimes I don't feel like going in for the camera...and I just walk the yard knowing I could have an encounter with no way to record it--and it is (pretty much) okay with me. I have actually had a camera in hand and still missed an encounter--a turkey that I surprised (and it surprised me) as I was turning a bend in my path. It took flight and got out of range before I got the camera up and focused.

I can relate. I sometimes feel that I'm so focused (no pun intended) on getting a shot, that I'm not really enjoying the moment in full. I generally don't feel that way, but I sometimes do remind myself that the memory is the most important record that I have.

Still, it's nice to get an awesome picture!

Tags
tip