Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > General Gardening Boards > WG Library

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2009, 12:20 PM   #1
Fox

dollarsign Book deals

See a great price on a book, but you don't need it yourself? Maybe someone else could use it-- here's a thread to track book deals.

Please let us know if you used one of the deals-- it will encourage people to take the time to post.

Remember to check www.retailmenot.com for free shipping or other discount codes to save even more.

Thanks!

Calliandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 12:35 PM   #2
Fox

Bookcloseouts.com
The Wildlflower Book by Stokes BookCloseouts.com - The Bestseller in Bargain Books
$6, reg $17

Botanica North America BookCloseouts.com - The Bestseller in Bargain Books
$30 reg $60

Botanica North America (damaged copy) Botanica North America http://www.bookcloseouts.com/default.asp?R=9780062702319S
$15 reg $60

Rare Plants of Colorado BookCloseouts.com - The Bestseller in Bargain Books
$7 reg $17
Old 07-17-2009, 10:42 PM   #3
Official Plant Nerd

I bookmarked that book closeouts when you first posted it. I bought a few books and totally forgot about that site. I am so irked for forgetting. I hate it when I blow money unnecessarily and that's what I just did. Thanks for reminding me about that site... now I think I'll go bang my head into a wall for over spending.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:27 PM   #4
Fox

I always spend too much anyway. It's one more... and just another thing... and, oh this one looks good...

Then I have a stack of books and realize that I can't possibly read them all.
Old 07-18-2009, 12:45 AM   #5
Official Plant Nerd

My problem is making the time to go out looking for books that will interest me. I'm a picky reader. I rely on what personal friends tell me and lately the topic hasn't strayed to books. I need a healthy stack in a visible place to keep me reading. I have been replacing some of the books I've loaned out that weren't returned. I forget who I loaned them to and they forget who they borrowed them from so I end up losing books. I'm on my third Dirr Manual of Woody Landscape Plants because of loaning it out.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:48 PM   #6
Mentor

In general I find a lot of inexpensive articles on reptiles and amphibians on herplit.com. Basically, you goto the site, click on inventory, and then do your search. The front page is a little bit goofy so don't search from there or you won't find anything. Typing your state in keyword or typing in a researcher from your area in the author field will bring up the most locally relevant articles.
midwesternerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 06:06 PM   #7
Grub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calliandra View Post
I always spend too much anyway. It's one more... and just another thing... and, oh this one looks good...

Then I have a stack of books and realize that I can't possibly read them all.
Yikes, that's the way I am! And, here I am at Wildlife Gardeners and not attacking the book pile!
trout lily is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
book, deals