Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Miscellaneous Gardening Boards > Tools and Supplies

View Poll Results: Best Gardening Gift- What's yours?
Birding supplies; feeders, birdbaths, birdhouses, feed 3 16.67%
Tools; hand tools, power tools 2 11.11%
gift certificate to favorite nursery 1 5.56%
Home decor; windowsill herb garden, dish garden, 1 5.56%
Home made goodies; jams, soaps, stationary, maple syrup 1 5.56%
Books 4 22.22%
Accessories; gloves, visors, kneepads 1 5.56%
Yard art: windchimes, stepping stones, statuary 1 5.56%
Plant starts, divisions, cuttings, seed 2 11.11%
Other 2 11.11%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2010, 12:19 AM   #11
Salamander

My sweet wonderful husband got me an Advanced Pole System from Birds Unlimited - woo-hoo!!! And also a suet feeder made for woodpeckers (has a tail board), which a northern red-shafted flicker immediately made use of. I also got a baffle for the pole. Now the birds get the suet and seed, and the squirrels & raccoons & opossums get the stuff on the ground. I am enjoying it a lot! I can also add to it later ... I've wanted one of these for 15 years, so I'm quite happy with it. And a nice journal to log all the cool things I see. He knows me well!

For me - bird stuff, plants, plant supplies, plants - those are favorites. And rocks - yes, will-o-wisp, I like rocks, too!! When we moved from Louisiana to Washington state, several boxes full of rocks came along.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:21 PM   #12
WG's Mr. Tomato Head

Books. I need to educate myself better.
"If gardening isn't a pleasure for you, chances are the work will merely give you a rotten disposition. If you'd rather be golfing or fishing, get a bumper sticker that says so, and forget gardening."
Elsa Bakalar
WG Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 03:55 PM   #13
WG Writer

Books for me. Recently the local county library "cleaned out" their stock of gardening books and invited me to go through them and take any I wanted. One of the local gardeners who recently died (at age over 100) had been a camellia breeder. She had a marvellous collection of garden books that her daughter had donated to t he library. The whole collection is in that stash and I took every one of them. The Camellia Society Annual and the other books as well are all annotated and I shall treasure re-reading her remarks.
hazelnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 07:45 PM   #14
WG Guardian Spirit

I went with "other," because for me it's a question of finding time and energy to do anything garden-wise. When hubby takes one of my chores or waters my indoor plants for me, that's a gift.
JennyC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
best gardening gift, gardening, gardening gift, gardening gifts, gift, gifts, gifts for gardeners, poll