Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Welcome To The Wildlife Gardeners Forum! > Forum Feedback > Tips For New Members

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2016, 08:37 AM   #21
Alternate POM Judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by linrose View Post
EllenW, I always enjoy your posts, they are so to the point and honest! I used to listen to audio books I borrowed from the library on my long hour and a half commute to school. What a way to "read" War and Peace! That was in the day of cassette tapes. I've since considered Audible from amazon but read negatives about it, now that my husband travels a lot for his job I'd love for him to have those audio books to listen to on the long drives.
Thank you linrose. I gave up on audio books because they were so time consuming to load on my ipod. I did really enjoy listening to them during my lunchtime walks at work. I belong to a digital library where I can borrow ebooks and audio books. I might try the audio books again. They say you can listen to them on your browser now. It's nice to be able to watch birds outside while listening to a book.
Old 03-12-2016, 10:25 AM   #22
WG Prize & Gift Coordinator

Once in a great while I find the audio books (Now on discs rather than on tapes) at the discount stores. I listen to them while in travel in the car. Distance passes quite quickly in doing so!

The library has a very good selection of which to rent If I haven't any fresh ones to listen to....Used book sales every now and then offer a few.

A walk among the elusive Whitetail Deer
havalotta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carbon, chain, earth steward, food, food chain, foodchain, forum, fox, great horned owl, grub, heron, land steward, lungwort, moving, moving up, post, posts, salamander, unicellular fungi