Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Welcome To The Wildlife Gardeners Forum! > Forum Feedback > Tips For New Members

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2009, 04:55 PM   #1
Co-Administrator

Default Using Your Photo Album

Every member has an opportunity to create a photo album here at Wildlife Gardeners. You have the option to make your album private or public.

To start your album, click on "Control Panel" in the Menu bar above.
1. You will get a drop down menu on the left side of the page; click on Pictures & Albums.
2. In the center of the page, click on "Click here to add an album and start uploading pictures"
3. Type in the title and description for this album.
4. Select the album type (Public or Private).
5. Click on the Submit button.
6. You are ready to upload your pictures!

Uploading your pictures is very easy.
1, Click on "Upload Pictures" or "Click here to upload pictures".
2. In the Upload Pictures box, click on the Browse button.
3. Find the photo you want to upload from your computer in the File Upload window and click on it; and then click the Open button.
4. The File Upload window will disappear and file address of the photo will appear next to the Browse button
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 if you want to upload additional photos.
6. Click on the Upload Pictures button.
7. When your pictures are finished uploading, edit the caption in the text box if desired. Click on the Save Changes button, and your album is created!
Cirsium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 11:57 AM   #2
Heron

Could I ask why when adding photos to a photo album the cover photo is pushed to last ? If trying to add photos in a sequence it is all in reverse order . First pics loaded now appearing last and last photos loaded appearing first .

Thanks
lonediver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 12:57 PM   #3
Co-Administrator

Yes, the photos are added in the order that they are uploaded, similar to the way posts are added in the threads of the forums. We don't have the capability to rearrange the photos right now. It's pretty much limited to editing the text and selecting the album cover photo.

A wider array of options is something we can look into in the future.
Cirsium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 01:14 PM   #4
Heron

Well its not quite similar . The first post in a thread is at the top of the page and following posts are added below . If in trying to tell a story in pics , they now appear in reverse order . But I will accept that you will look into different options in the future . But it does make it difficult if one is trying to array pics in a sequential order in the meantime .
lonediver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 01:34 PM   #5
Administrator

This is the application. There are no settings on our end to be able to rearrange photos. If the coders and designers for the applications that power our site ever offer this type of functionality, we will be installing it.

The ability to offer albums to our members was optional. We chose to run with it as an accommodation for many reasons. The ability to edit text in the albums as well as the underlying ability to allow text in the albums was a permissions issue we elected to allow. We don't have these types of options for the order of the photos which is unfortunate.
Old 11-28-2009, 06:26 PM   #6
Unicellular Fungi

Default Creating Albums

I'm hoping to upload some pictures and have a few questions. It looks like I can create more than one album for different subjects - is that OK?

To solve the "problem" of photos being displayed in reverse order, couldn't I just upload them in reverse order, if the sequence is important to me - say the stages of a butterfly? (Start with adult and go backwards to egg, for example.)

Can photos be deleted from an album, or an entire album deleted if I change my mind (I noticed some "blank" albums at the end of the list - is that what happened, or perhaps they never got around to uploading the pics?)

Thanks for your patience - lots to learn here!

-- Joy
Wild Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 06:55 PM   #7
Administrator

You may create more than one album. The album you create may be designated private or public. Albums, like member profiles, are only able to be viewed by registered members that are logged in to the site. Guests may not view photos in albums.

Uploading photos in the reverse order as suggested by you would enable fellow forum members to view a series of photos in sequence.

Photos may be deleted by registered members.

One member chose to upload his album photos to an open thread then removed them from the album. Another member created an album but did not upload any photos. I don't know why the others are empty.

Registered members should have the ability to delete an entire album.
Old 11-28-2009, 08:30 PM   #8
Heron

I can see how the first photo goes last. If you have four pics and you want them 1, 2, 3 and 4. then the first one is loaded and it is then covered if you will by the 2nd image, then the 3rd. As mentioned, you post a message and then another the second one becomes the first to see. That is how I interpret it.
Kildale is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
album, albums, photo, uploading