Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Welcome To The Wildlife Gardeners Forum! > Forum Feedback > Tips For New Members

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2009, 11:04 AM   #2
WG Staff

For importing small lots of seed into the US from Canada or any other country, you must apply for a permit by completing and submitting Form PPQ 587. The form and instructions for filling it in are on the APHIS website: USDA - APHIS - Plant Health, Plant Protection and Quarantine, Permits. You may also be able to get an E-Permit online.
Old 05-31-2009, 11:07 AM   #3
WG Staff

To print and send PPQ 587 by mail:
http://www.aphis.usda.gov/plant_heal...ppqform587.pdf

To apply online for PPQ 587:
USDA - APHIS - Permits, Notifications, Petitions, Licenses, and Certifications
Old 05-31-2009, 07:19 PM   #4
Official Plant Nerd

This link has easy to digest info on the small lots of seed permit, APHIS Small Lots of Seed
Old 06-09-2009, 09:10 PM   #5
WG Facilitator

I tried to sift through those links, but I was only able to find info on importing.

My son asked me to send him some vegetable seeds when I send his next goodie box to an APO address in Germany. Is that allowed? Or am I better off finding a source for seeds in Europe and ordering it for him?
Old 06-09-2009, 11:40 PM   #6
Official Plant Nerd

Depends on the seed being sent amongst other things. I don't suppose you know anyone over there who could buy the seed inside the European Union and ship it direct to him do you> I'd be happy to check with some friends of mine to see what they've got to share with him. Very conscientious of you to ask these questions.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:02 AM   #7
WG Facilitator

If your friends know where I can go online and buy seeds inside the European Union, that would solve my problem. He's looking for vegetable seeds, and would like a little of everything, winter and summer veggies. I'm sure peppers, cabbage, lettuce, tomato, if he wants something exotic, he can look for it himself.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:42 PM   #8
Official Plant Nerd

I can have some seed shipped to your kid from Lithuania but they said the odds of it getting there would be next to nil since everyone is so corrupt that handles their mail. She told me some of her seed came from Thompson and Morgan United Kingdom, 011-44-1473-688-588 or www.thompson-morgan.com. You can order direct from their UK location and have them ship into Germany. Seeee, I didn't forget you. Different time zones so it took her a while. I'm still waiting on the friends to call me back from the UK and from Belgium. It takes a while.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:45 PM   #9
WG Facilitator

Yep - used to having to tiptoe around time zones. Thanks for the info. Thompson & Morgan are reputable. He should get a package from them just fine.

You're the best!

Tags
agriculture, aphis, department, lots, seed, small