Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Wildlife Gardeners of North America Unite > Threatened & Endangered Species

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2012, 11:03 AM   #1
Too Wild To Garden

raven Plant Mutations Found In USA

Plant Mutations being Found from Radiation? Check these videos out!
3rd Plant Species With Radiation Mutations Found In 3rd Michigan Location (video included) - Freedom Informant Network

and this facebook page is keeping record. Check out the photos but beware of the ones from Iraq, they are horrific, of babies affected by DU. Mostly this site deals with plant mutations. I think this site needs to be pushed forward. This facebook page needs to be pushed forward. Pass it on.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mutati...30100447017280

My neighbor found a mutated dandilion in his yard, one inch wide flat stem with multiple heads. We live in central Idaho.
Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:36 PM   #2
Official Plant Nerd

"Plant Mutations being Found from Radiation?" I'm glad there was a question mark at the end of that since it's doubtful they're a result of radiation from Fukushima.... more likely these abnormalities are from the drift of growth regulator herbicides.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:40 PM   #3
Official Plant Nerd

Check this 'Herbicide Mode of Action' PDF out from Kentucky State University and see what you think, http://www.ksre.ksu.edu/library/crpsl2/c715.pdf
Old 05-17-2012, 08:28 PM   #4
WG Staff

Herbicide Mode of Action
Attached Files
File Type: pdf herbicide mode of action.pdf (1.12 MB, 3 views)
Old 05-18-2012, 09:47 AM   #5
Too Wild To Garden

Dandilions are one of the most common weeds farmers contend with. I find it interesting that no mention of such deformities in dandilions have been noted in herbicide informaiton, especially when the mutation is so incredibley extreme.

I seriously doubt herbacide drift caused the mutation in my neighbors plant as the amount come into contact with the dandilion would be so miniscule, since no one uses herbacides nearby. If herbicides caused such dandiion mutation we'd be seeing this all over the place since herbacides are used by and large, all over the place. ... it just doesnt stand to reason
Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:11 AM   #6
Official Plant Nerd

Much doesn’t stand to reason these days but… the Midwest seems just too darn far away from the Fukushima meltdown to be pointing any fingers that direction and…. there’s too many ordinary folk out there in the bread basket with sophisticated meters monitoring radiation levels daily. We’d for sure hear them screaming at the top of their lungs if there were any discrepancies between state level readings and their readings. I’m not saying mutations from radiation aren’t out there because they are… it just doesn’t seem likely any dandelion abnormalities found by your neighbor and others are attributable to Japan’s meltdowns. If your neighbor feels strongly the abnormalities are a result of Fukushima….she could probably contact the Idaho Department of Health or your Department of Environmental Quality. I’m sure they’ve got contracts with a testing lab. Somebody should be able to walk her through collecting and submitting the specimen if not through their labs through independent labs. There’s gonna be a fee. It’s nominal though. I think the folk who live around the nuclear power plant by me only paid all of like $75 for a gross alpha and beta test. Turn around time was a coupla months.

Tags
chemicals, dandilion, deformed, deformed plants, found, herbicides, mutate, mutated, mutations, plant, plant mutations, plants, radiation, usa