Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Reduce That Ecological Footprint > Sustainability

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2013, 05:19 PM   #141
WG Operations, Facilitator

Thanks to all the great suggestions in this thread, my well stocked pantry has gotten me through the ups & downs of my health crisis over the last year. In other words I never had to make a run to the store when I didn't feel well (which was quite often.)
Old 02-19-2013, 01:42 PM   #142
Heron

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooBooBearBecky View Post
Thanks to all the great suggestions in this thread, my well stocked pantry has gotten me through the ups & downs of my health crisis over the last year. In other words I never had to make a run to the store when I didn't feel well (which was quite often.)
I'm so glad ! I have been blessed with my storage as well, I have rotated many things I'm now getting stocked up on again, black beans for my chili, ( I hate other beans ) my tomatoes ( going through azure standard now for organic and jarred tomatoes )canned milks, etc.
Today I'm off to get extras for chickens, litter, extra grit and oyster shell, workers and sprays . More cat foods and canned foods for them. And more fuels. I love the big buddy heater so needing to get many more cans of propane and a few more large propane bottles and a filter to filter out impurities to keep it running well.
Doozerdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:42 AM   #143
WG Prize & Gift Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooBooBearBecky View Post
Thanks to all the great suggestions in this thread, my well stocked pantry has gotten me through the ups & downs of my health crisis over the last year. I never had to make a run to the store when I didn't feel well (which was quite often.)
I've been wondering who's been doing the shopping for you. I forgot about all of the emergency storage....Good job Booboo!

Last fall... I pulled everything dated 2012 from both camps and the home...Put the items in a few boxes and set them into the kitchen along an open wall. I created dinner after dinner using the stock up. Everything in the cabinets AND stored is now dated MARCH 2013 and beyond. Come March I'll again pull and use anything.... lets say up to.... January 2014 and on, and on, and on

A walk among the elusive Whitetail Deer
havalotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:32 PM   #144
Heron

I have been stocking up for this years food, water straws, things I know will carry us through . We went to Costco, and lowes and got things we forgot about and remembered was as important as food. Taxes were fun to spend, got all I need for another year and some extras. Now all I need is more fuels, some barrels for water out side for my planting and for run off, also need to figure out my composting toilet now.
I'm looking into several now, what choices lol.
Stocked up on chicken food, chicken bedding, and working on gardening . Lots of big things going on around here. An exciting tme to learn !
Doozerdoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
canning, emergency, emergency supplies, food, food preservation, food storage, health, mediines, outages, pantries, pantry, power, power outage, prep, prepare, prepared, preparedness, prepping, propane, socking up, supplies, thing