Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Reduce That Ecological Footprint > Stewardship

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2018, 01:53 PM   #1
A Bee's Best Friend

Default Volunteers , nature, life.

Read through several of the stories before you form an opinion . It may be hard not to react after the first and second but they address each other well as the voices continue. https://woodsandprairie.blogspot.com...tment.html?m=1

http://pollinators-welcome.blogspot.com/
Gloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 07:04 AM   #2
Grub

I actually read through these, thanks for sharing. There was one author, "get your head out of the seed mix", who says to pay attention to big problems, but we need to find peace in this world in some way, and no one should feel bad about something like restoration. People, if they are politically engaged at all, are going to want to focus on human issues- social injustice and structural failings of our government. Conservation and environmental issues without a direct affect are far from the psyche of the average person. Work that is diverted from restoration and conservation is work that will go undone.
skip1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 07:26 PM   #3
Grub

Yikes!!
Sounded like a Marxist wish list cloaked in flowers and sunshine.
weedy feilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 10:25 AM   #4
Great Horned Owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip1909 View Post
I actually read through these, thanks for sharing. There was one author, "get your head out of the seed mix", who says to pay attention to big problems, but we need to find peace in this world in some way, and no one should feel bad about something like restoration. People, if they are politically engaged at all, are going to want to focus on human issues- social injustice and structural failings of our government. Conservation and environmental issues without a direct affect are far from the psyche of the average person. Work that is diverted from restoration and conservation is work that will go undone.
Well said, Skip, and a consideration I've been musing upon myself in the past few years. I'm glad you found Wildlife Gardeners! Keep posting; you have much of value to express, it appears...

Oracle at Delphi
jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 10:32 AM   #5
Great Horned Owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloria View Post
Read through several of the stories before you form an opinion . It may be hard not to react after the first and second but they address each other well as the voices continue. https://woodsandprairie.blogspot.com...tment.html?m=1
The short essay on "inattention" by the general populace hits the target well. I know so many folks who would act if they were aware, and though one might argue that all should be aware, there are so many pressing issues that face individuals that things like the needs of the plants and animals we share the land with falls in priority, though not in importance, for many. Hence, season after season transpires without problems being addressed, as the environmental crisis we face gets worse and worse...

Oracle at Delphi
jack is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
life, nature, volunteers