Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Enjoying The Fruits of our Labor > Recipes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2010, 11:25 AM   #1
Official Plant Nerd

Default Cashew Brittle Recipe

Cashew Brittle Recipe
Ingredients-
3 C lightly salted cashew nuts, halved or pieces
2 C sugar
2 C butter
1 T Karo syrup

You really need a candy thermometer for this. If you don't have one.... think about getting one. You can use them for making your own yogurt too so it's not like they're a 1-use item.

Directions-
Combine sugar, butter, and corn syrup. Cook on low and stir until your thermometer reads 290. This takes over a half hour. Once you hit 290, remove from the heat. Stir in your cashews and set aside. I use a double brownie baking dish. Lay out wax paper in the baking pan then pour your mix into the pan. Let it cool then break it apart into any size piece you want. That’s it!!! Easy peasie. They’ll be gone in the blink of an eye.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:34 AM   #2
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient

I used to make peanut brittle--I still do once in a while. Cashew brittle sounds yummy too. One thing, when making mine, the recipe always asked for baking soda added right before pouring out the mixture to cool. Yours does not; that surprised me.
dapjwy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bake, baking, brittle, cashew, cashew brittle, cook, cooking, deserts, edibles, food, nut, nuts, recipe, recipes