Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Welcome To The Wildlife Gardeners Forum! > Photo of the Month

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2011, 08:46 PM   #1
POM Judge & Official Non Gardener

camera5 ~~~summer 2011 water theme photo contest~~~

A new pond to play in this summer! Post your best nature shots of Water-themed summer subjects. This can be water falls or water puddles, beaches or waves, raindrops or cloudbursts. Anything where the main element is water.

Photos must be taken this July through August 2011
Limit eight per person, or about two per week
No people or pets in pictures; other animals and birds OK. No aquarium shots
Limited (not extreme) editing or Photoshopping IS allowed
Contest ends August 31, 2011

Please don't slam me with everything you've got! For example, if you have ten photos of roughly the same spot, show us the best one! I hope this opportunity will inspire you to really look at water as if you've never seen it before. Try different ways of capturing it to share with us. Now go have fun splashing around this summer and don't forget to have your camera with you every day!
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:50 AM   #2

Old 07-14-2011, 07:19 PM   #3

Went to Niagara Falls today to check on the Peregrine falcon nest in the gorge so while mama Diamond was shielding her two little girls from the sun, I aimed my lens towards the water

~~~summer 2011 water theme photo contest~~~-p1210599.jpg

~~~summer 2011 water theme photo contest~~~-p1210607.jpg
Old 07-14-2011, 07:47 PM   #4
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient

Now those are some nice water-themed photos, Sage.
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
~ A Native Backyard Blog ~
dapjwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 01:57 PM   #5

I was up and outside rather early this morning and with the humid weather and cooler temps over night, everything was coated in a thin layer of dew. With camera in hand, what came to mind was your thread (Sage). Although I attempted many pictures to capture the dew, so far this is the only one I'm ready to share.
Attached Thumbnails
~~~summer 2011 water theme photo contest~~~-dew.jpg  
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
Old 07-15-2011, 05:48 PM   #6

Excellent! I love dewy pix! Esp., dew on webs, but I'm never out early enough to catch that, so I hope you'll oblidge.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:12 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
Excellent! I love dewy pix! Esp., dew on webs, but I'm never out early enough to catch that, so I hope you'll oblidge.
~smile~ I don't normally get up that early either.

I did get some of the cobwebby (invented word, sorry) kind of webs in the grass...but not great shots. No orb weaver webs covered in dew, sorry.

Thanks by the way...the picture is not as clear as it could be, but it was inspired by your contest.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:59 PM   #8
Curious George & UAOKA recipient

I have some really cool dewy webs, funnel webs and others, but they are from April and therefore not for the contest. I thought I'd share one anyway. If you look closely you can see a hint of the grass spider deep in her hole.

~~~summer 2011 water theme photo contest~~~-grass-spider-her-dewy-web-web.jpg

Turttle's pollinator garden
turttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 10:03 PM   #9

Very cool, turttle.
Old 07-16-2011, 12:07 PM   #10
Curious George & UAOKA recipient

Thanks, Dap. It is too warm for dew here at this time of the year; our lows are only in the low 70s. I have to wait for my new camera battery charger to arrive so I can go out and take more photos.

Turttle's pollinator garden
turttle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2011, contest, dew, enter, flodding, flood, lake, natural areas, nature, photo, photo contest, photographers, photography, photography contest, pond, rain, rain drops, rainy weather, river, summer, theme, water, water features, water photos, waterfall