Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening

Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening (http://www.wildlifegardeners.org/forum/wildlife-gardeners.php)
-   Photo of the Month (http://www.wildlifegardeners.org/forum/photo-month/)
-   -   ~~~summer 2011 water theme photo contest~~~ (http://www.wildlifegardeners.org/forum/photo-month/8664-summer-2011-water-theme-photo-contest.html)

Sage 07-01-2011 08:46 PM

~~~summer 2011 water theme photo contest~~~

A new pond to play in this summer! Post your best nature shots of Water-themed summer subjects. This can be water falls or water puddles, beaches or waves, raindrops or cloudbursts. Anything where the main element is water.

Photos must be taken this July through August 2011
Limit eight per person, or about two per week
No people or pets in pictures; other animals and birds OK. No aquarium shots
Limited (not extreme) editing or Photoshopping IS allowed
Contest ends August 31, 2011

Please don't slam me with everything you've got! :crazy1 For example, if you have ten photos of roughly the same spot, show us the best one! I hope this opportunity will inspire you to really look at water as if you've never seen it before. Try different ways of capturing it to share with us. Now go have fun splashing around this summer and don't forget to have your camera with you every day!
:wave

Sage 07-05-2011 11:50 AM

:bump

Sage 07-14-2011 07:19 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Went to Niagara Falls today to check on the Peregrine falcon nest in the gorge so while mama Diamond was shielding her two little girls from the sun, I aimed my lens towards the water

Attachment 24700

Attachment 24701

dapjwy 07-14-2011 07:47 PM

Now those are some nice water-themed photos, Sage. :)

dapjwy 07-15-2011 01:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I was up and outside rather early this morning and with the humid weather and cooler temps over night, everything was coated in a thin layer of dew. With camera in hand, what came to mind was your thread (Sage). Although I attempted many pictures to capture the dew, so far this is the only one I'm ready to share.

Sage 07-15-2011 05:48 PM

Excellent! I love dewy pix! Esp., dew on webs, but I'm never out early enough to catch that, so I hope you'll oblidge. :)

dapjwy 07-15-2011 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sage (Post 93943)
Excellent! I love dewy pix! Esp., dew on webs, but I'm never out early enough to catch that, so I hope you'll oblidge. :)

~smile~ I don't normally get up that early either.

I did get some of the cobwebby (invented word, sorry) kind of webs in the grass...but not great shots. No orb weaver webs covered in dew, sorry.

Thanks by the way...the picture is not as clear as it could be, but it was inspired by your contest.

turttle 07-15-2011 09:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have some really cool dewy webs, funnel webs and others, but they are from April and therefore not for the contest. I thought I'd share one anyway. If you look closely you can see a hint of the grass spider deep in her hole.

Attachment 24727

dapjwy 07-15-2011 10:03 PM

Very cool, turttle.

turttle 07-16-2011 12:07 PM

Thanks, Dap. It is too warm for dew here at this time of the year; our lows are only in the low 70s. I have to wait for my new camera battery charger to arrive so I can go out and take more photos.