Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Welcome To The Wildlife Gardeners Forum! > Photo of the Month

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2011, 10:07 AM   #31
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack View Post
Yes! See the ears, eyes, nose, and beard???
I see the eyes and a long, split beard...but I thought maybe he was wearing a crown or some headgear.

Okay...I'm feeling a bit better about you, jack....maybe you are not ""...you had me a bit concerned at first.
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
~ A Native Backyard Blog ~
dapjwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 11:23 AM   #32
WG Fundraising Coordinator

I think you're BOTH nuts!!!

I tried to see something but all I saw was a beetle I'd missed in the photo the first time around.
linrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 11:41 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by linrose View Post
I think you're BOTH nuts!!!

I tried to see something but all I saw was a beetle I'd missed in the photo the first time around.

LOL! Hey! Use your imagination!

I saw the beetle and the ants, and, seriously, I started to worry just a little bit about jack until I spotted the "eyeballs" in the flowers.

I'm sure retouching the photo to help you see the face(s) is not doing much for my argument that I'm not as nuts as jack seemed to be.

[BTW, after drawing the face on (I didn't retouch the eyes at all), I realize that what I thought was a long split beard is really some kind of tunic. ]
Attached Thumbnails
~June 2011 Photo Contest~-milkweed-face.jpg  
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
Old 06-17-2011, 11:55 AM   #34

I think I just took my second entry this morning. At the time, I didn't realize how clearly the subject would come out which allowed me to crop it and retain the clarity. It is not as attractive as the frog...although, the frog may find it attactive on some level.
Attached Thumbnails
~June 2011 Photo Contest~-045-cropped-2.jpg  
Old 06-17-2011, 02:39 PM   #35
Great Horned Owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapjwy View Post
LOL! Hey! Use your imagination!

I saw the beetle and the ants, and, seriously, I started to worry just a little bit about jack until I spotted the "eyeballs" in the flowers.

I'm sure retouching the photo to help you see the face(s) is not doing much for my argument that I'm not as nuts as jack seemed to be.

[BTW, after drawing the face on (I didn't retouch the eyes at all), I realize that what I thought was a long split beard is really some kind of tunic. ]
Hey, there's people in those flowers!!!

Oracle at Delphi
jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 03:41 PM   #36
WG Prize & Gift Coordinator

Quote:
I think I just took my second entry this morning. At the time, I didn't realize how clearly the subject would come out which allowed me to crop it and retain the clarity. It is not as attractive as the frog...although, the frog may find it attactive on some level.
Attack tive ha? Nice play on words.

A walk among the elusive Whitetail Deer
havalotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 03:44 PM   #37
WG Prize & Gift Coordinator

Quote:

Actually I think they look more like surgeons wearing face masks awaiting haircuts under a drape.

A walk among the elusive Whitetail Deer
havalotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 04:38 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by havalotta View Post
Actually I think they look more like surgeons wearing face masks awaiting haircuts under a drape.

Okay.

~smile~ LOL. I got the surgical masks, but you kind of lost me with the haircuts.
Old 06-17-2011, 04:43 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by havalotta View Post
Attack tive ha? Nice play on words.
~sigh~ I have been skipping spell check a lot of late.

~smirk~

Old 06-17-2011, 05:03 PM   #40
Grub

Quote:
I was out in the yard mowing around a neglected garden plot (from a previous owner), when I spotted something jump among the weeds. The frog I spotted earlier this spring (when we had all of that rain) seems to have stuck around! I'm not sure where there is any water close by for him.

Anyway, I took a couple of shots, and showed the best one to Jeff, who unfortunately doesn't venture out in the yard with me very often to explore the wonders of our property. Looking into the LCD viewer, he remarked that it was beautiful and that I should enter it into the WG photo contest! (Hey, he has been paying attention!)

Unfortunately, when I loaded it onto the computer, I could see that the body was in focus but the face was not. So, I went back out to take more. My subject kept that pose for a while, until I must've got a little too close for comfort or overstayed my welcome. Nonetheless, I got a better shot.

So, up it goes, or I'll never hear the end of it. (Not sure I would've thought to enter this one on my own.)
Fantastic photo! My favorite so far.

Tags
2011, contest, june, photo