Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Welcome To The Wildlife Gardeners Forum! > Photo of the Month

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2009, 11:09 PM   #11
Unicellular Fungi

You have a bluebird already? I'm jealous.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:44 AM   #12
Fox

I love taking shots of the eagles that live behind us. Some days I can sit on my back deck and catch them and others I have to run for the boat just so I can get close enough for a shot. Shots 1 and 2 are from my boat and 3-5 are in the backyard.
Attached Thumbnails
February Photo of the month thread - post contest images here-feb1009.jpg   February Photo of the month thread - post contest images here-feb1009-1-.jpg   February Photo of the month thread - post contest images here-img_4492_edited.jpg   February Photo of the month thread - post contest images here-img_4493_edited.jpg   February Photo of the month thread - post contest images here-img_4494_edited.jpg  

MaggyNoLia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 01:57 AM   #13
Fox

Here are some hungry bluebirds.
Attached Thumbnails
February Photo of the month thread - post contest images here-img_4222_edited.jpg   February Photo of the month thread - post contest images here-img_4227_edited.jpg   February Photo of the month thread - post contest images here-img_4426_edited.jpg   February Photo of the month thread - post contest images here-img_4427_edited.jpg   February Photo of the month thread - post contest images here-img_4444_edited.jpg  

MaggyNoLia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 09:17 AM   #14
WG Plants Database Coordinator

Are there any rules for the contest? I seem to remember that the photo had to be taken the previous month or something like that.
kzoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:01 AM   #15
Co-Administrator

Kzoot - Here's the monthly photo contest guidelines:
Guidelines for Photo of the Month Contest
Cirsium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:42 AM   #16
Too Wild To Garden

Maggy, those birds are breathtaking!
Stoloniferous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 07:43 PM   #17
POM Judge & Official Non Gardener

Wow, Maggy, great eagle captures! And those bluebirds are just precious!
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 08:16 PM   #18

Smile ~Breaking the Ice~

Amazing sight in the recent and rare sunlight around Buffalo! After some warm temps which melted tons of snow everywhere, water levels rose. Then, low temps froze everything again. The flooded areas drained leaving broken icy shards sparkling in the sun.
Attached Thumbnails
February Photo of the month thread - post contest images here-p1170551.jpg   February Photo of the month thread - post contest images here-p1170566.jpg   February Photo of the month thread - post contest images here-p1170573.jpg  
Old 02-19-2009, 11:07 AM   #19
Too Wild To Garden

Some long exposures taken on a snowy night, and chive blossoms, from my potted herbs in my front window.

Sage, those are lovely.

For amusement's sake I should add - I'm crazy, I took those snow photos out in the snow barefoot.
Attached Thumbnails
February Photo of the month thread - post contest images here-snowy_night_01_small.jpg   February Photo of the month thread - post contest images here-snowy_night_02_small.jpg   February Photo of the month thread - post contest images here-chives_blossom_01_small.jpg   February Photo of the month thread - post contest images here-chives_blossom_02_small.jpg  
Stoloniferous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 01:19 PM   #20

Great snow shot and your house is beautiful! Snow looks like Buffalo's too except our has momentarily disappeared. Nice chives. All I have right now is my basil by the kitchen window. No room for an indoor garden though in another house here I had a huge bougainvillia in front of a snowy frosty window bloom during January.

Tags
contest, february, images, month, photo, post, thread