Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Welcome To The Wildlife Gardeners Forum! > Photo of the Month

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2010, 12:11 PM   #101
WG Prize & Gift Coordinator

lungwort's Not as bad as it sounds....Actually it's quite pretty.

A walk among the elusive Whitetail Deer
havalotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 02:38 PM   #102
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient

Quote:
Originally Posted by havalotta View Post
Did you find the two areas that have avatars for use and signature line suggestions yet?
I think I saw it a while back.

How do you add a signature line? --I don't see that anywhere.
dapjwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 02:45 PM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by turttle View Post
Did you notice I evolved? I need to google lungwort, since I'm not sure what one is, but it has to be better than a unicellular fungi.
Congrats on your "lungwort-hood".

I believe lungwood is a green lichens-or lichens-like plant.

You've come quite a bit from "carbon". ~smile~
Old 08-07-2010, 07:51 AM   #104
Curious George & UAOKA recipient

I looked up lungwort after my comment yesterday and it is quite an attractive little plant. Much nicer than a unicellular fungi, not quite a fox though...

A Steward of the Earth must live on the forum. How come Havalotta hasn't been bequeathed a more personal designation by the WG Staff, along the lines of Bug Whisperer or Official Vege Killer?

Turttle's pollinator garden
turttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 04:48 PM   #105
WG Staff

Steward of the Earth is top of WG's food chain. She's the only member that made it.
Old 08-08-2010, 11:30 PM   #106
WG Prize & Gift Coordinator

Links to the areas I had mentioned...

Signature lines....http://www.wildlifegardeners.org/for...ourselves.html

Avatars.....Requesting stock avatars to share

You are entitled to a signature line once you have added enough posts.
I was informed by Fearless when I had reached that point. I do not know how many posts are needed to acquire one.
Perhaps Staff? has that answer? I've never seen it in print...

Give this a try..... When you first go to the sight, click onto your avatar in the upper left hand corner.
Scroll down to settings and options.
Do you see an edit signature option there?
If so click onto it and you have the area you need to create one.. If not, you must not have reached whatever the goal is they've set....Keep up the good work posting.

A walk among the elusive Whitetail Deer
havalotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 09:04 AM   #107

Thanks, havalotta,

I'll look into it when I'm more awake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by havalotta View Post
Links to the areas I had mentioned...

Signature lines....http://www.wildlifegardeners.org/for...ourselves.html

Avatars.....Requesting stock avatars to share

You are entitled to a signature line once you have added enough posts.
I was informed by Fearless when I had reached that point. I do not know how many posts are needed to acquire one.
Perhaps Staff? has that answer? I've never seen it in print...

Give this a try..... When you first go to the sight, click onto your avatar in the upper left hand corner.
Scroll down to settings and options.
Do you see an edit signature option there?
If so click onto it and you have the area you need to create one.. If not, you must not have reached whatever the goal is they've set....Keep up the good work posting.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:16 PM   #108
Curious George & UAOKA recipient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staff View Post
Steward of the Earth is top of WG's food chain. She's the only member that made it.
Top of the food chain is quite an accomplishment.

Turttle's pollinator garden
turttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:11 PM   #109
Official Plant Nerd

She be the bomb!!!
Old 08-21-2010, 04:41 PM   #110
Official Plant Nerd

"Are you the same Equilibrium who posts photos on Dave's garden? Some of the photos are great." And most were duds!!! That was me back when their "About Us" page said they were a forum for gardeners by gardeners. I remember when their about us page changed to "Dave's Garden is a website which is building a community for the garden industry" which kinda made me go hmmmm but the meaning of that hit home soon enough. There's no polite way to say this but.... in my heart I added photos when asked for my help for "educational" purposes NOT for some internal marketing program to help them get businesses to slap down advertising dollars. Kinda defeated the purpose of having any invasive plant discussions when they let advertisers sell some of the ickiest and the nastiest plants and products to the WHOLE membership to make a buck. It'd be like going to an organic food growers forum and finding ads for RoundUp and Bayer Advanced All in One Weed Killer plastered all over the place and inserted into side bars and banners and and and... they were still charging $20 a year to access the whole site??? There were other really strange things going on over there that didn't sit well with me so I flat out stopped "contributing" about 3 years ago when I found out their "authors" could use ANYONE's photos in their articles to push any plant... even plants banned for sale in some states. There were oodles of really great people over there. I miss kibitzing with some of them but.... I really don't want any photo of mine used to promote anything but something that's good and honorable and wholesome. Speaking of good and honorable and wholesome.... WG has a lot of members who are!!!!

Tags
2010, bees, birds, contest, contests, entries, flower photo contest, insects, july, month, native plants, nature, nature photo contest, nature photos, photo, photo contest, photo of the month, photography, photography contest, photos, pictures, post, wildlife, wildlife photo contest