Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening

Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening (http://www.wildlifegardeners.org/forum/wildlife-gardeners.php)
-   Photo of the Month (http://www.wildlifegardeners.org/forum/photo-month/)
-   -   ~Photos of Weeds, Grasses, Flowers~ (http://www.wildlifegardeners.org/forum/photo-month/578-photos-weeds-grasses-flowers.html)

TheLorax 02-15-2009 10:17 AM

Many of the ickiest and nastiest are very beautiful. Neat thread to start.

Im4dabirds 03-24-2009 10:30 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are a few wildflowers. I shot the first two over the weekend. The last one is from last year I think.

biigblueyes 03-24-2009 08:35 PM

those are cute little fellas.

Sage 03-27-2009 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Im4dabirds (Post 13374)
Here are a few wildflowers. I shot the first two over the weekend. The last one is from last year I think.

These are so beautiful! Very nice photography too! :)

Sage 03-27-2009 08:25 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I think weeds are especially beautiful! :) I don't know what this is but after so much photography documenting raptors lately, it was a treat to find this lovely specimen standing by the side of a dirt road, like a jewel!

TheLorax 03-29-2009 08:52 AM

Sage, I think you really found a jewell. That looks like Chelone. Might not be Chelone glabra but looks an awful lot like a Chelone. I'm under a foot of snow or else I would go outside and try to find some for a picture to help you compare.

Sage 03-29-2009 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLorax (Post 13928)
Sage, I think you really found a jewell. That looks like Chelone. Might not be Chelone glabra but looks an awful lot like a Chelone. I'm under a foot of snow or else I would go outside and try to find some for a picture to help you compare.

I think you're right, Lorax, I googled Chelone images and from what I see, they look similar, except my pix are much better! :D

TheLorax 03-29-2009 01:22 PM

I am really liking it inside where it is warm. Just so you know I went out there in my bathrobe this morning to dig around to see if I could find a sprig of seeds and it was very cold. I had my camera with me. My heart was in the right place. Camera lens steamed up and I ended up with a photo I could title chelone in fog. What photos did you find online? I looked and didn't find any other than yours which are always a cut above.

Equilibrium 03-30-2009 12:06 PM

Chelone glabra

Sage 03-30-2009 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLorax (Post 13969)
I am really liking it inside where it is warm. Just so you know I went out there in my bathrobe this morning to dig around to see if I could find a sprig of seeds and it was very cold. I had my camera with me. My heart was in the right place. Camera lens steamed up and I ended up with a photo I could title chelone in fog. What photos did you find online? I looked and didn't find any other than yours which are always a cut above.

Oh! Thank you Lorax! Don't know where you are but it's in the 30s here today and was actually snowing. Disgusting!

Anyway, I just Googled chelone/images and decided you were right! :)

Equilibrium, thanks for the further ID too. I think it is gorgeous!