Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Welcome To The Wildlife Gardeners Forum! > Photo of the Month

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2009, 03:55 PM   #1
Unicellular Fungi

Default Some Photos For January

You guys are all chickens. I know I'm not good taking photos but it's fun.

I like oaks. Here are some oaks for The Photo of the Month Contest from a remnant savanna taken yesterday. The bark is the best photo of all of them.

Here's hoping nobody else posts or else I'll lose
Attached Thumbnails
Some Photos For January-remnant-oak-savanna-no-regeneration-1.jpg   Some Photos For January-mighty-oaks-1.jpg   Some Photos For January-bark-close-up.jpg  
Old 01-07-2009, 04:09 PM   #2
Grub

You broke the ice! Love the bark picture. I'll have to post a picture or 2 of my favorite snags! (That's as soon as I figure out how to do that...Fearless Weeder posted the directions. I just need to concentrate and follow them.)
trout lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 04:42 PM   #3
Too Wild To Garden

Mmm, lovely! If I can find some time this weekend to take pictures, I might post some here.
Stoloniferous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 04:49 PM   #4
Heron

I was wondering if the photo of the month, should be photos taken in that month?
Or doesn't it matter (based upon last months photos, I am assuming it doesn't?)
joepyeweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 05:11 PM   #5
Co-Administrator

Quote:
I was wondering if the photo of the month, should be photos taken in that month? Or doesn't it matter (based upon last months photos, I am assuming it doesn't?)
Yes, in the month please. We're hoping to have the Photo of the Month contest represent what is happening in North America during each season. A sort of visual diary of what's going on each month. It doesn't have to be this January though, It could be January 2008, or January 2007, etc.
Cirsium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 05:38 PM   #6
Unicellular Fungi

Quote:
I'll have to post a picture or 2 of my favorite snags! (That's as soon as I figure out how to do that....
It's real simple. You close your eyes and you click your heels together and you will them into the thread for the Photo of the Month Contest. This way people like me get a chance to win.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:39 PM   #7
Co-Administrator

Quote:
(That's as soon as I figure out how to do that...Fearless Weeder posted the directions. I just need to concentrate and follow them.)
We have posted some instructions on how to post photos in this thread:
Posting Photos to the Forums
But if anyone needs further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact one of the Facilitators or Staff.
Cirsium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 05:45 PM   #8
Unicellular Fungi

trout lily, don't listen to Cirsium. Follow myyyyyyyyyyyyyyy instructions I wanna have some chance of winning.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:21 PM   #9
POM Judge & Official Non Gardener

Hahhaahahaa!

This is TheLorax's Official (PERSONAL) Photo of the Month Contest thread!

Only TheLorax can post and only TheLorax can win! I think TheLorax is awarding the prize too!
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 06:34 PM   #10
Unicellular Fungi

Sputtering out coffee from my mouth- thank you Sage. Thank you very much for being so understanding. I knew there had to be somebody out there who would try to see things my way. Now, it they would just make you the person who gets to pick the winner and if all these other people would follow my instructions on how to load photos I'd be sitting real pretty.

Tags
january, photos