Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Welcome To The Wildlife Gardeners Forum! > Photo of the Month

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2008, 02:24 PM   #1
WG Staff

Default Photo of the Month Prize for January from The weed man

This coming January, The weed man generously offered to contribute a prize to our winner. The prize he is contributing is the interactive DVD "1,200 Weeds of The United States and Adjacent Canada" which you can learn more about in the "Green Products" forum. The DVD is located here http://www.wildlifegardeners.org/for...=2670#post2670

Big thank you to the The weed man for his kindness!

Here's a peek at what the winner of the January Photo of the Month contest will receive.
Attached Thumbnails
Photo of the Month Prize for January from The weed man-richard-old-1200-weeds.jpg  
Staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 07:20 PM   #2
Carbon

What a neat DVD.
I was treated to several wild and native plants this last week in Florida.
I will be working on getting some of those pictures for you.
It's the slithering download cord!
Taggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 08:26 PM   #3
WG Staff

Isn't it a great DVD! We'd like to try to win it ourselves!

If you were able to take photos of native plants on your trip, we have the forum for North American Plants that might work for you.

Photos will probably be a big hit at this site. Post away after you solve your slithering download cord problem.
Staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 09:57 PM   #4
Grub

Default How do you download a picture for posting?

Hi! How do I download a picture to WG? My pictures on my hard drive, organized in Picassa files.
trout lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 10:15 PM   #5
Administrator

Picassa 3 is what I use. I can answer this question.

Click on the photo you want to share in Picassa. In the far upper left hand corner you will see the word file. Click on that and you will see a drop down menu. From the drop down menu select save as. A window will open for you. At the top you will see save in. Click on the down arrow to the left and select a location that is easy to remember. I use desktop but others create files on their desktops that contain copies of photos they want to share. Now look toward the bottom of the window. See where it says file name? You can keep the existing file name or name it what ever might be easiest to recognize when you upload. My photos are stored in Picassa 3 by img_000 sequences. I generally rename the photos I'm going to share to be able to find them easier on my desk top. Once you have re-named your photo or left it as is, look to the right and click the save button.

That's it. Go to your desktop and you will find a copy of the photo. Now you can follow the upload instructions previously provided to you. After I upload a photo and it appears in a thread, I delete the copy on the desktop. Picassa saves the original so no need for a cluttered desktop.
Fearless Weeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 06:55 PM   #6
Carbon

When can we begin posting photos? And can we post more than one? I'm excited!!
ekafairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 07:32 PM   #7
Administrator

You may begin posting photos now. You can post as many as you want.

The contest for January will run from January 1st through to the last day of the month. The winner will be selected from all photos submitted during that time frame. I don't believe they have any restrictions on the number of photos members can submit. If I am incorrect, someone will be along to correct me.
Old 12-27-2008, 09:06 PM   #8
Naturalist/Photographer

I'll agree there is no limit ... however, in the past I have found the top two or three images you favor would be best.
Dave Stiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 12:49 AM   #9
Carbon

Default ok here goes

I am submitting some photos for the contest. this is a little friend that lives in my Nepethens 'Miranda' (tropical pitcher plant)
ekafairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 12:52 AM   #10
Administrator

Whoops, no photo. Try again.

Tags
january, man, month, photo, prize, weed