Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Welcome To The Wildlife Gardeners Forum! > Photo of the Month

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2012, 08:49 PM   #241
POM Judge & Official Non Gardener

If u don't use it, don't bother with the updates. My IT son can access my computer and fix it from 450 miles away! Or he comes here or we go there or we meet at the Catskills house and after he fixes everything we go to Woodstock! It's really weird to see my cursor move around and windows open when he takes control of my laptop from Brewster!
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:51 PM   #242
Official Plant Nerd

Ok.... it's done doing what ever it was doing. Here's what I get when I right click and pick open file.... Windows picture and fax viewer, Photoshop Essentials, Incredimail tray application, Paint, Firefox, Picasa Photo Viewer, Corel, Microsoft Office Picture Viewer, and Easyshare. Sage.... I totally don't care if I lose the program. You want me to just take that update and see what happens? Pretty much everything we do to a computer can be undone sometimes by me but always the computer God and all my photos are backed up to an external hard drive and to Replica.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:01 PM   #243
WG's Mr. Tomato Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by havalotta View Post
Sooooooooooooooo Can anyone answer me this? Did that picassa just duplicate 40 thousand photos sucking up a ton more of the computers space?
Havalotta-

What you saw was Picasa building its database. Picasa is an image handler. As such it stores locations of original images. Originals should be safe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
This is the option that changed: When I open a pic in Picasa, and want to transfer it easily to Photoshop, I would Right-click on the pic, that would open a box, I'd select "Open with" and choices would include Paint or Photoshop. Now, it only says Picasa. Let me know if you figure out that problem!
Sage-

Sounds like Picasa doesn’t know Photoshop exists.

This might repopulate your open with dialog-

http://groups.google.com/a/googleproductforums.com/forum/#!category-topic/picasa/picasa-for-windows/TIxMsdOEpWc
"If gardening isn't a pleasure for you, chances are the work will merely give you a rotten disposition. If you'd rather be golfing or fishing, get a bumper sticker that says so, and forget gardening."
Elsa Bakalar
WG Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:26 PM   #244

WG Admin, I'll look there. It used to give that option for many years! Til its last update. Damn Google. No more blog option or web album option buttons either.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:30 PM   #245

Link landed me on a pretty much blank page. Wish I could post screencap from iPad to WG.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:31 PM   #246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
Ok.... it's done doing what ever it was doing. Here's what I get when I right click and pick open file.... Windows picture and fax viewer, Photoshop Essentials, Incredimail tray application, Paint, Firefox, Picasa Photo Viewer, Corel, Microsoft Office Picture Viewer, and Easyshare. Sage.... I totally don't care if I lose the program. You want me to just take that update and see what happens? Pretty much everything we do to a computer can be undone sometimes by me but always the computer God and all my photos are backed up to an external hard drive and to Replica.
Can you show me a screencap?
Old 02-21-2012, 09:58 PM   #247
Official Plant Nerd

Do you mean like a screen capture? I can't send you 1 of what I saw before because I went ahead and updated it. I figured what the heck.... nothing to lose since the only program I use is that Kodak program that crops and has those special effects I found a few weeks ago. Well.... guess what??? I updated and lost Corel and Photoshop Essentials from the drop down. They're not showing up anymore since I updated so maybe he's right and Picasa can't tell some if our installed programs exist until we somehow re-associate them with Picasa. Anywhoooo.... I can get you a screen shot of what's in that drop down menu after updating if you want. I've got more than what you were left with but I definitely have 2 programs that have gone **poof**. This is no biggie to me. I never used Photoshop or that Corel either. My husband bought them for me and I think he even bought the book Photoshop for Dummies for me and I looked at the size of the book and called it a day. I've got better things to read. I mighta used those programs if there were classes on how to use em over at the senior center. It's easier for me if someone shows me when it comes to computer anything.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:03 PM   #248
Official Plant Nerd

Here's a screen shot.... I hope it's the same thing as a screen cap. My Corel and Photoshop definitely went ***poof**. When I pull up programs from the start menu they're still there though so this is something to do with the update for sure.
Attached Thumbnails
~cooked or cropped photos - post here!-screen-shot-sage.jpg  
Old 02-21-2012, 10:05 PM   #249

I think it is googles way of making Picasa users use their new Google+
Old 02-21-2012, 10:07 PM   #250

You still have a lot more options than I have!

Tags
cooked, cropped, hdr, photos, post