Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Welcome To The Wildlife Gardeners Forum! > Photo of the Month

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2012, 05:37 PM   #151
Official Plant Nerd

Another treefrog.
Attached Thumbnails
~cooked or cropped photos - post here!-gray-20tree-20frog-20dscf6332.jpg   ~cooked or cropped photos - post here!-gray-20tree-20frog-20dscf6332b.jpg   ~cooked or cropped photos - post here!-gray-20tree-20frog-20dscf6332c.jpg   ~cooked or cropped photos - post here!-gray-20tree-20frog-20dscf6332d.jpg  
Old 01-15-2012, 05:41 PM   #152
Official Plant Nerd

A "twofer".
Attached Thumbnails
~cooked or cropped photos - post here!-leopard-20dscf2852.jpg   ~cooked or cropped photos - post here!-leopard-20dscf2852b.jpg   ~cooked or cropped photos - post here!-leopard-20dscf2852c.jpg   ~cooked or cropped photos - post here!-leopard-20dscf2852d.jpg  
Old 01-15-2012, 05:43 PM   #153
Official Plant Nerd

This lil 1 looks like he could sure use a meal. This 1's the last unless hava wants other folk's frogs "cooked".
Attached Thumbnails
~cooked or cropped photos - post here!-spring-20peeper-20dscf9173.jpg   ~cooked or cropped photos - post here!-spring-20peeper-20dscf9173b.jpg   ~cooked or cropped photos - post here!-spring-20peeper-20dscf9173c.jpg   ~cooked or cropped photos - post here!-spring-20peeper-20dscf9173d.jpg  
Old 01-15-2012, 06:51 PM   #154
POM Judge & Official Non Gardener

Great work!
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:18 PM   #155
Official Plant Nerd

Thank you.... thank you.... thank you veddy veddy much!!! I swear it didn't take me long doing all of those once I figured out how to get her photos into my new Kodak software. It's pretty much just clicking a button and saving once they're in. Sheesh... it probably took me longer adding em all here than it did "cooking" em. 1 thing that makes me feel stupid is that after hours of trying to figure out how to import like I used to do.... my kid walks by and takes the mouse and drags and drops 1 of her photos into my Kodak software. Slaps self up side of head!!! It was photo "cook" time after he did that.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:41 PM   #156
WG Prize & Gift Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapjwy View Post
I don't think I shared this before, but it is from last year. I combined two photos to make it appear there are two titmice on the same branch--in reality I think it was just different views of the same titmouse.
You did good...They look real natural.

A walk among the elusive Whitetail Deer
havalotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:45 PM   #157

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWisc View Post
Here's some photos of an Eastern Gray Treefrog (color and B&W) ...
Thanks I set #4 aside for the time being. Is he a different variety than the one in post #147???
If so.. Equill could toy around with yours as well, and I'd need a proper name for mine if it's incorrect.

Old 01-16-2012, 02:07 PM   #158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
These are for hava's project when she gets a "breather".
I think the coloring book version of the toad in Post 141 lost a bit "too much" of the outline for the kids to follow.
I really like what you've done with its last photo where you simplified the background. I guess you'd call it the spotlight version....
Would you like to give it the ole one, two coloring book it to see if it fills in some of the voids the second one's missing?
Hopefully producing a more defined form to follow. If not I could probably doodle it in before producing it.

Old 01-16-2012, 03:17 PM   #159

WOW You've been busy in my absence...
Quote:
I'm sure you figured it out but.... I'm keeping each set that I "cooked" together.
Sure did, and thanks for adding the proper terms...The original being 1st. Next is coloring book, then cartoon, then spotlight.
It is the "coloring book" version I'll be reproducing, not the cartooning version as I've been calling it.

Just making comments as I view them.
#142,143, Perfect
#144 Probably lost too much of its outer image due to it being in the water. Not to worry ...I'll use the other leopard instead.
WOW, The mink frog (#145) turned out REALLY well and thanks for verifying its identity...better than #146,
#147 perfect
#148-149 good but I'll use the previous versions of those two that had turned out more clear.
#150 Fowlers toad kind of lost its image....Pass on that one, unless someone has a Fowlers toad they'd like to donate????
#151 really nice, 152 good, 153 ok but you probably can't tell it's a peeper. Anyone else have a better overhead shot of a Peeper to share????
Quote:
This 1's the last unless hava wants other folk's frogs "cooked"
Of course!
~cooked or cropped photos - post here!-dapjwys-american-toad_037.jpg
Could you play around with dapjwys American toad
~cooked or cropped photos - post here!-turtles-pickerel-frog-walkway-dusk-sept-2010.jpg
Turtles pickerel frog?
~cooked or cropped photos - post here!-dscf5173-copy-copy-copy.jpg
and the frogs life cycle.
And probably one more.....The Toads life cycle once I create it.

Old 01-16-2012, 03:34 PM   #160
Official Plant Nerd

"I think the coloring book version of the toad in Post 141 lost a bit "too much" of the outline for the kids to follow." I didn't care for any of the coloring book versions. It'd be better putting them on an overhead projector and creating black line outlines by hand.
--
dappy and turttle's froggie friends I can get "cooked" for you later on... I've got to get back by my canner but.... noooooooo problemo in an hour or so!!!
--
Your frog I can't do unless you split it up into individual 5 photos. My program is Kodak's program and it's got a boatload of limitations. There's no way to do much of anything except cropping and using their buttons that do it all for us on auto. When I use it I can't adjust for anything.... the end result is what it is if you know what I mean.

Tags
cooked, cropped, hdr, photos, post