Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening  

Go Back   Wildlife Gardeners - North American Wildlife Gardening > Welcome To The Wildlife Gardeners Forum! > Photo of the Month

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2016, 08:34 PM   #11
WG Hospitality & UAOKA recipient

Quote:
Originally Posted by havalotta View Post
Wasn't going to do a search into the unknown.... where's waldo as I'm suppose to be planting florals at a home this aft but the temptation made me hop right in for a quick look. Yup yup yup found him..... not right away though.
I'm glad that it didn't take you too long...not right away, but I hope you got out to do what you had planned.

I was doing a bit of planting before the rain...I want to do more, but there are things inside the house that have to be done too. I was actually looking at what I had planted when I spotted that little guy.

Good job!
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
~ A Native Backyard Blog ~
dapjwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 01:07 PM   #12
WG Prize & Gift Coordinator

I sure did.
Dug some more of my duplicate florals from our yard this morn to donate to a landscaping project I'm doing for another.

A walk among the elusive Whitetail Deer
havalotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 09:14 PM   #13

Quote:
I sure did.
Dug some more of my duplicate florals from our yard this morn to donate to a landscaping project I'm doing for another.
Cool. Glad I didn't keep you from it.
"If suburbia were landscaped with meadows, prairies, thickets or forests, or combinations of these, then the water would sparkle, fish would be good to eat again, birds would sing and human spirits would soar." ~ Lorrie Otto
Old 08-04-2016, 03:02 PM   #14

Dug another load this morn and transplanted around hubbies office. Got rained out just now so thought I'd play catch up and perhaps sort some photo's Id loaded like last year.!

Old 08-05-2016, 09:53 PM   #15

My planting, transplanting, and photo sorting have to be put on hold while we paint and replace the floor in the bathroom.
Old 08-09-2016, 02:04 PM   #16

Got through some of the sorting, added but one of a series of 4 photos to WG and screeched to a halt as something went awry and I could not add what I had intended so quit on that adventure. I then went on to tackling a project out front which reminds me to take another photo of work in progress to hopefully add someday here.

What type of flooring are you putting in? We're working on a rental bath someone trashed on us...Oh boy Doing an entire home revamp on that one. That is the very place I was landscaping last week. Had the guys pull out 4 mature cedars, and 9 bushes that were just worn-burnt out to boot.

Old 08-09-2016, 08:43 PM   #17

Quote:
Got through some of the sorting, added but one of a series of 4 photos to WG and screeched to a halt as something went awry and I could not add what I had intended so quit on that adventure. I then went on to tackling a project out front which reminds me to take another photo of work in progress to hopefully add someday here.

What type of flooring are you putting in? We're working on a rental bath someone trashed on us...Oh boy Doing an entire home revamp on that one. That is the very place I was landscaping last week. Had the guys pull out 4 mature cedars, and 9 bushes that were just worn-burnt out to boot.
I've noticed that adding 3-4 photos at a time seems to work...going back to add the 5th one before posting has worked for me.

Well, we just finished the painting and flooring...still have to finish trim, caulk, and touch up the paint.

What kind of flooring? Well, due to our limited skill set and lack of a budget to hire a professional, we opted out of real tile, although we would like to do that some day. We ended up using peel and stick tiles that look like slate.

I'm actually very happy with it...it is such an improvement over what the previous owner had. My thoughts when we did it was that if it lasted us 5-10 years, we could always go with real tile down the road...right now, I feel I'm okay with it as is for as long as it lasts--if we never re-do it, fine...but, on reality, I suspect after so many years, we may be ready for a change.

If I think of it, I may post some pics. Should I do that over on the members thread unrelated to gardening? (I never seem to have time to check that out...and only recently started being a bit more active again.
Old 08-10-2016, 06:23 AM   #18

Ooooo I love slate. It looks so natural earthy warm. Nice choice!

WG suggested I do a cc clean or whatever it is called which I did and a whole bunch of things came in that it suggested I delete. When my son was here last weekend he then went over them and deleted what he thought would not matter loosing. Since then, the rain has stopped and I'm back outside doing doing doing. Next rainy day I'll give it a try to see if I'm now able to add the photos.

I understand about the loading of too many photos at once so I only load 2-3 at a time but it wasn't letting me even add a single after the first one had gone through. Never had that happen before so am looking forward to giving it another try to see if I'm able to share all the upgrades I've been doing in our yard. Some have worked at keeping the deer at bay, some not....

Tags
2016, waldo